Help! not sure which henna to use on medium brown hair.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
curkeekr
Help! not sure which henna to use on medium brown hair.

Hi, 

I am new to henna for hair and wanted to try it out but I am not sure which batch to buy.  I have medium golden brown dyed hair that is 2 inches past my shoulders.  The color results I am hoping for are similar to the medium auburn braid shown on the hennaforhair website.http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/ccj.html

Please help, Catherine says she uses body art quality but there are too many choices once I get there.  Also I know my color will change it as well.  If anyone one has any tips I would really love to hear them!

Thanks, Kelsey

Carrie
Re: Help! not sure which henna to use on medium brown hair.

On medium brown hair, any of the hennas Mehandi sells will help you get that color. The lower dye content ones (under 2% lawsone) like Jamila 2009 may need a couple of applications to get there, while the highest dye Celebration will get you there the first time, which makes it a better value even though it costs more per package. Be sure to strand test (and let it oxidize a week) so you can find out how long to leave it on for the color you want; I suggest 3 hours as a ballpark estimate.