Hennaed Hair Pics, Anyone?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
kelli
Hennaed Hair Pics, Anyone?

I love looking at the pictures of real people's henna and indigo hair on the Henna For Hair website.  I swear I have looked at every single one at least twice!  I have noticed though that they almost always take the picture after their first henna, and right after they do it.  I would really like to see or read experiences with long-time (more than one time:) henna users.  Just wondering if anyone out there would like to share pictures of their hennaed heads.   

ACWN
Re: Hennaed Hair Pics, Anyone?

Well, you might like this... its a gallery of my various henna pictures and kinda follows how I've gone from copper-orange on bleached hair to an auburn on my natural ash brown roots, and some of the multiple hennas I've done on my previously bleached length. I need to snap some new pictures though, I think, since my bangs are sadly no longer blond due to my job.

Click for gallery - password is henna_hair

amyhenna

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57370968@N05/with/5285725681/

I need to add better pictures, but for now, these are what I have uploaded. I listed some stuff under each one regarding my henna history on the various parts of my hair.

Ginger

hi amy, which henna do you use, and how long do you leave it in? thanks!

xyz

Henna and Indigo on "darkest brown" hair with a few grays--pictures show almost three years' worth of full-head hendigoes at different ratios.  The resulting difference is very subtle on my very dark hair; other than the degree of "red glow" in different lighting, most people can't see much change between the 2:1 indigo:henna, the 1:1 indigo:henna, and the 1:2 indigo:henna...but I swear I do!

https://picasaweb.google.com/rodriraida/HennaIndigoHendigo#

Enjoy!

ACWN

But you're also the one applying, xyz... you know the differences in the mixes, what that means and you're *looking* for them, so you're gonna see them.

kelli

Wow, thanks guys!  I enjoyed the pics.

ACNW, I love the color!  Do you purposely bleach and then henna your hair or are you hennaing over old bleach?

Amyhenna, I used Purity too and also have previously bleached ends, a hendigo mix middle, and staight Purity on top.  Here are my pics. photobucket.com/kellishenna  I am interested to know what happened or will happen with your hair because I myself am concerned with my hair being too dark in places and trying to even it out.

xyz, you have some beautiful, shiny hair, girl!  I understand about being "fickle".  I am always changing my hair color!    

ACWN

I used to bleach, then henna over it - which resulted in the orange colors. I no longer bleach and the first couple of pictures in my gallery show the results of that. My previously bleached length has finally reached a shade close to my roots, but it is still very orange in certain lighting.

Gothiccat

This is the first time trying to post pictures so sorry in advance if I mess it up. These pics are almost all the same. Taken at the same time. I was trying to show someone how henna doesn't fade. I've been using henna for over three years and haven't done the lengths in over a year at least. I only do roots.

www.flickr.com/photos/41458023@N08/sets/72157626728675565/

michelley

your hair is beautiful!!! How long is it?

Do you use just henna? What kind?

Gothiccat

Thank you :) The very longest strands are at waist length but it's tapered so most is a tad shorter.

I only use henna and I think the last I used was Jamila and before that Punjabi Prime. My next batch will be Celebration which I haven't tried yet.

amyhenna

Gothiccat, your hair is AWESOME! Looking at just one of these pictures made me want to go whip up a batch of henna for tomorrow.

What is your starting hair color? How do you get streaks?

Gothiccat

Hi amyhenna. Thanks :)

My starting hair color is medium brown/auburn. The streaks are probably from the sun in the pictures. Like most everyone else's henna my hair just glows in the sun like it's on fire :)

venusfire7

What beautiful people!  I love the pictures.  Thank you.  

flesh58chevy

Here's some pics of some of my Henna's, including my starting color

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9625212@N04/sets/72157622822695811/

venusfire7

I love these pics!  

venusfire7

flesh58chevy can you please tell me the details about the Celebration.  For ex what did you mix, how long wait for dye release, how long on.  I love love love your color and your starting color is close but darker than mine.  

Carrie

flesh58chevy, your pics prove you can get actual red color on med/dark brown hair! I'm bookmarking them.

flesh58chevy

Hi venusfire, I mix my Celebration with Chamomile tea.  I use about 6 tea bags in 2 cups of water, let it cool to room temp, mix into my henna and let it sit for about 3 to 4 hours (do hand test to check dye release).  I typically leave my henna on for about 6 hours.

One call out on the Celebration, it takes about 7 to 9 days for it to fully oxidize to red on my hair (instead of flaming orange it starts out with), the other types I've tried only took 3 to 5 days to fully oxidize. 

Carrie, with my multiple Henna's I've been able to get a really pretty rich red on my chemically treated hair, a bit darker/more brown on my virgin hair but I still love it.  Finding this site and discovering Henna has made my hair very happy :)