Jamila?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nene
Jamila?

Hello Everyone,

I recently found some Jamila in a local store. Since I have heard so much about how great it is I bought it....only thing is that everything I have read here states that Jamila Henna has a sticker with the Crop year on it??? The box I have does not?!? Is it very old? or a rip-off? I have been Hennaing for over 8 years but have had henna brought back from my trips to the middle east (but my powder ran :( out.. )

Anyone have any imput?

Henna Trendz
Re: Jamila?

Jamila Body Art Quality henna comes in a shiny green box with the picture of a lady on the front. it has a label of crop yr and expiry date in red on the bottom of the box.

the jamila for hair does NOT come in a shiny box. the front picture is the same, but the box is not metallic shiny and it does not have the expiry stamp on the bottom. maybe u bought the hair quality jamila?

i have some jamila BAQ 2009 for sale at quite a low price...if u want to try out, u can write to me at mymanyfriends@yahoo.com and i can ship it to u..

wardah

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)

Jamila that is sold for body art is more finely milled and baby powder soft.

This henna has a sticker on the box with the year on it.

If it is a box of henna without a year, it is not as finely milled/sifted and is marketed for hair .

The henna is usually good quality, but you can't tell how old with out the  year on it. 

Sift it, mix it, and then stain it and you could have decent henna. 

good luck

Flavia

Nene

Thanks you two!! I have tried the henna out... the palm is super dark already and it has not even been a full day but the rest of the arm is not taking the color well....I think it partialy could be because I applied it in the sunshine and the paste may have dried out too quickly... more tests are in order...

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)

Nene,

henna applied to the palm will always be much darker than on the arm.

You will see a change in color at the wrist where the skin is different, take a look at the cover of Arabesque to see the break in color ! 

TapDancing Lizard Publications-- Arabesque by Jessia McQueen

it is so interesting to see the difference in color . 

Nene

Thanks Flaviai

I figured heck I'll use it on myself and see what Jamila hair quality is like... if anything it will show me what better quality Jamila does, so test batch made and used...

I know the difference in color from one body part to another but this batch was weird... the palm was extremly dark..woohoo          The weird thing is the arm hardly showes the design...boo           Im thinking I must have let the henna dry to quickly on my arm (was in the sunshine, stoping every 3 min to explain what Im doing) oh well... I have a nice palm..hehe

On to the better Jamila for me to play with. Should be here by early next week...yay!!!