Henna on face/eyes

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
inconditus
Henna on face/eyes

I was wondering if it is safe to have henna by the eyes. I've seen photos of henna on the side of the face near the hairline or cheek but I wondering something like this.

i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/skeetermuvo/IMG_0004.jpg

i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/skeetermuvo/IMG_0007.jpg

I would love to do more intricate designs but since it's eyeliner I don't see the point to spend more than 10 minutes on my makeup. It's just going to be washed off at the end of the day anyway. 

I would love to use henna since it would probably last a week or so at least. I know the face is one of the worst places to apply but my skin seems to suck up color like no ones business. 

Jen
Re: Henna on face/eyes

Henna, because its regulated as if it were hair dye, is not intended for use around the eyes.

Besides that formality, I don't think its the best thing for what you want to do! Because the skin is so thin on the face, the color won't likely get darker than pumpkin, especially without adding essentail oils which you REALLY don't want near your eyes. The stain won't last as long as on other parts of the body either because the skin on the face exfoliates so fast. You'd probably only have just a few days of it looking good -if, that is, you'd call dull orange good!

This might be a better option... www.mehandi.com/shop/harquusplatinum/index.html This is an alcohol based paint so you'd still need to use caution near your eye, but it would give you a nice dark design that would last longer than eyeliner.

inconditus

Jen,

THank you. I've seen that before but could never figure out what I would use it for. Guess I have an idea now. I like the brown stains but you're prbably right even if it did last longer than expected the coloration would be really light, almost unnoticeable. Do you know if black is the only color available for the Harquus?

Jen

We also carry this shimmer paints which do the same job. www.mehandi.com/shop/scheherazade/index.html  If you find yourself still lacking for choices, you may want check with Temptu. They've got more.

Heather

Agreed that henna on the face doesn't work so well - the skin is so thin there. Desi of Art By Desi did henna on lots of people's ears at the Henna Gathering as a bit of a fun experiment... and I know at least I did not get very good color.

Liquid eyeliner works just great for this purpose.........and is available in a wide range of very vivid colors at your local beauty supply or drug store :) Harquus or Temptu Dura Inks are also good if you want it to last a couple of days. But, as any current or former goth kid will attest, liquid eyeliner is a wonderful thing for drawing random stuff on your face :)