Trying Celebration for the first time!- pictures added

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
SerenityBlue
Trying Celebration for the first time!- pictures added

Hello Everyone,

I've been using Henna for over a year and started out with Punjabi Prime. I loved the color I got from it, but it appears I have been getting a bit more gray this past year. lol. I ordered Purity and it covered my gray much better and I do love the color I get with it, but I was curious about how the Celebration would do on my gray. I just got some in yesterday and it has been about 8 weeks since I last did my roots and they really need it.

I've decided to do a full head application and see how that goes.

I also tried mixing it with tea this time instead of lemon juice because this time of year the sun dries out my hair and lemon juice makes it worse.

I mixed 2 packets of Celebration BAQ and 2 tablespoons ground cloves (because my husband doesn't like the smell of henna and cloves masks it well) with my liquid.

The liquid was:

4 chamomile tea bags, 2 red roobios tea bags

2 cups of water and 1 Tablespoon of orange juice, just barely a splash.

I mixed this up and checked it at three hours and was surprised to get a nice dark stain already. I let it go another hour and a half and got an even darker stain (darker than I've ever gotten with my 12 hours/lemon juice mix with Punjabi Prime).

I mixed in a bit of honey and a bit more tea to get it to a smooth, but not drippy consistency and applied it. I now have my head wrapped in plastic, a shower cap and a towel, lol. I plan to leave it on to bedtime if I can, that would be about 7 hours. I usually only leave it on for four, but I am not planning on going out tonight. :)

I can't wait to see how my roots turn out. I am excited and will share pictures when I have them.

Okay, I think I have the picture thing down, lol.

Here is a before picture. This is with Purity Henna and I have about an inch of root growth

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4718389892_4ecc62336b.jpg

Here is immediately after rinsing and letting the Celebration air dry. I kept it on my head 7 hours

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4718390010_04c1118db1.jpg

Here it is this morning about 12 hours after rinsing. These all were taken inside with a flash (sorry about the glare from the flash.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4055/4717746565_e65d8a31f0.jpg

I'm really loving the color so far and can't wait to see how it oxidizes more.

ellafine
Re: Trying Celebration for the first time!

Me too! I'm trying it today. I just mixed it with about 2 c. red wine like I usually do with the Punjabi. I meant to mix it yesterday and leave it overnight but I didn't get around to it. I'm debating about how long I should leave it to dye release and how much time that will leave me to apply it today-usually I like to have it sit for a long time but today is the best day to dye since I'm not going anywhere. Maybe I'll try overnight application. Anyway, I look forward to your results!! Please do post them. I'll do the same and we can compare notes!

SerenityBlue

Ellafine, Please do tell me how you like it. I got a good dye release after 3 hours and applied it at four hours ( I still have a bright orange test spot on my palm!)

I usually leave it on for four hours, but since it was so comfortable, I just kept it on until midnight for a total of 7 hours.

It rinsed out better than the PP or the Purity I've used in the past. :)

Carrie

Hi SerenityBlue,

Your color is marvelous. Can you post a pic of your roots, so we can see what a single application of Celebration looks like on your gray? I think the ones you've posted so far show your hair that was previously hennaed so I'm still curious to see what Celebration does on virgin gray hair.

SerenityBlue

Sure, My temples were completely white. I'll pull my hair back and take a photo. :)

This is a close up of my pure white hairline inside.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4718146709_63cb0bbe3a.jpg

This is a picture taken by the window with some sun. It is raining, so I couldn't go outside. My temples and by my widow's peak around my hairline are pure white, the rest of my roots are med.brown with about 10-15% white.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/4718146827_bff0327067.jpg

Carrie

Awesome! and it's only oxidized one day!

SerenityBlue

Yes, I rinsed it out at midnight last night. I will try to remember to post updated pictures at the end of the week to show how it looks after several days of oxidizing. It is way less orange on my white's than Purity was, although Purity was not bad, and a huge difference from Punjabi Prime. PP was really orange at first. My whites are a bit resistent too, but they seemed to soak up the henna just fine.

SerenityBlue
Re: Trying Celebration for the first time!- pictures added

For those wondering about how Celebration oxidizes on white/gray hair. Here is my henna after 48 hours oxidation. My hairline is where most of my white hair is before doing my roots. The photo was taken indoors at night with a flash.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1049/4723441526_665cd80a85.jpg

I think the red over the white hair is deepening nicely. I do not get any of the orange look on it.

Here is the back which is pretty much Celebration henna over Purity Henna and maybe a few grays, lol.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1138/4722777217_d4e795dc45.jpg

I really like how the henna is oxidizing into a rich cinnamon color.

Carrie

Wow, that's dark. Very nice!

Lavendark

Thanks for posting all the awesome pics! Boy, that Celebration REALLY deepened your previously hennaed length like right now, eh? How are those roots looking at this point? From what I can see, they did turn out a deeper orange than Yemen or Purity. Please post more pics if it oxidizes further on your roots. :-)

SerenityBlue

Carrie, thank you. I love how it deepened.

Lavendark, the picture doesn't do the roots justice. They are actually more red (although a bright red) than the picture shows. I figure by Saturday since I did not use Lemon Juice it should be through oxidizing. I will get a close up of my roots then to show how they oxidized. They seem way less orange than when I used Punjabi Prime. I got crayon/carrot orange for about 4 days after using it. They are still a bit bright red today, so by Saturday I am thinking they will oxidize more and give a good idea of a one time application over gray.

My previous henna length I was going for saturation with the Punjabi Prime, but then switched over to Purity the last time I did it because it was a bit too cool in color. The Purity warmed it a little. I did a full head with Celebration to see what kind of Auburn I would get. It did darken it and let more of the brown show through than the previous hennas I've used, but in the sunlight it has a nice cherry cola glow and inside it is that nice deep cinnamon red/brown. lol- boy do I not know how to describe color.Let's just say that I like it and my husband does. :)

Lavendark

Oh I hope so, Serenity! A nice non-brassy deep red is just what I would love for my roots. I'd like to eliminate the need to use indigo altogether- I had severe scalp itchies the last time I used it, plus the headache. I'll be crossing my fingers for the both of us. Love the deep red in your length, BTW! :-)

rosa

I'm waiting my 1 kilo pack in Italy, sharing your hope and crossing my fingers too! Can't do indigo any more...

:-)

Lavendark

Well???? How's it looking? Did the oxidation deepen your color further? So excited to see more pics, please don't keep us waiting! :-)

SerenityBlue

Sorry Lavendark. I've been sick, so did not take any photos. I just pulled my hair back into a ponytail and got a picture of my roots for you. When I am feeling better I will take some outdoor photos.

Here is Celebration 2 weeks after henna application.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4756109461_d282e791fc.jpg

Jen

Perfect! Thanks for sharing that! Its exactly what I was hoping celebration would be good for!

Lavendark

Yes, YEs, YES!!!! I'm ordering mine ASAP! This is exactly what I was hoping for- dark red instead of bozo orange. So sorry to hear you are sick, hope you feel better soon. Thanks so much for taking the time to post, I really appreciate it. :-)

SerenityBlue

Jen and Lavendark. You are welcome. Sorry for the horrid picture, but I was feeling so bad. I haven't been to the doctors in years, but ended up needing antibiotics. I am on day 2 of the medicine and feeling much more like myself. Hardly ever being sick had me spoiled, lol.

I am loving the color. Inside it is a nice deep auburn and outside it has a deep red tone when the sun hits it. I like how my grays are gone and are a lighter red than the rest of my hair. It looks more like I had it highlighted. :) My hair is rather slow growing, so I can probably go 8-10 weeks between root touch ups.

JenM5786

Gorgeous!!! I am envious!

SerenityBlue

Thank you JenM5786.

To give you an idea of my natural hair color before any Henna, this picture was taken the month before my first Henna application in May of 2009.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2478/3773274570_8b7c0f0860_o.jpg

angie

Wow! Your color is gorgeous! I am hoping to achieve something similar. I have medium to darkish chem colored length with (right now) about 1/2 to 3/4 inch roots that are abot 50/50 brown and white. Your pics and mix are really helpful!