enhance natural color rather than total change

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
andrea
enhance natural color rather than total change

I started out using full strength straight henna applications to turn my hair totally red.  While it's a pretty color, the contrast is so great with my natural color, that I get tired of the upkeep, because if I don't, it doesn't look nice.  My natural hair is a darkening straw-colored blonde. It used to be bright and vibrant, but as I am getting older, it gets darker and duller. I would like to have close to my natural color back, but just kind of brighten it up. I am in the process of growing out my red and doing a henna gloss every few weeks. My roots are more yellowish now.  Are there any other ways?  Is it possible to do henna highlights?  Are there any color bundles you could recommend from this site that would give me a similar color?  Thanks ^_^

ACWN
Re: enhance natural color rather than total change

You want a yellow, yes? Cassia is your only real option for that. If you're looking for a more reddish blond, you would want the strawberry blond bundle, but strand test.

karenh

Seems like more and more diluted glosses would give you what you want--as you are already doing.. I'm trying to do that myself--less time, henna mixed with water, and more diluted glosses to get lighter colors. Cassia--mixed with henna-- does not give the shine and conditioning that I want, although it does give lighter shades and lovely amber tones. 

andrea

karenh, do you mix in cassia with your henna gloss?  I would think that since cassia is a light dye, diluting it would not give enough color, but maybe it's ok, just wondering!