Celebration Henna and lead

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Heidi07
Celebration Henna and lead

Hello!

I was just wondering if there was info anywhere on the lead and pesticide content of the Celebration Henna.  I really want to try it but it is the only Henna that says these substances are within the EPA safe levels rather than completely lead/pesticide free.  I am trying to get pregnant so I am really careful these days about stuff like that:)

Thanks in advance!

ACWN
Re: Celebration Henna and lead

If I recall what Lady C said right, the levels are minimal. Basically the pesticides were carried via wind - the Celebration crop wasnt actually sprayed. And I think the lead was more or less the same, minimal amount from the next field over.

Jen

The tiny amount of pesticide, yes, is likely caused by a little blow over from a nearby field. About what you'd expect in a kilo of grocery store tomatoes. The tiny amount of lead is likely cased by diesel fumes from a tractor on the next field over.

If you're not comfortable with it, that's cool to. Try Purity. That's why we have choices! :)

Heidi07

Thank you so much for the info!  I haven't been on the board for a while so had no idea what "celebration" and "purity" henna was.  When I found it in the shop I was a little worried but if it is trace amounts from ajoining fields I suppose it really isn't any more than we are getting in our regular produce.  Thank you again for the information, I really appreciate it!