Monsoon vs Celebration Henna - Colour, Cost, Storage

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ANUMarley
Monsoon vs Celebration Henna - Colour, Cost, Storage

How does the stain compare between the two?

Does anyone know the lawsone content for Monsoon?

Which is a more worthwhile purchase?

Storage: refrigeration or freezing?

----------------------------------------------------

I'm just getting started doing henna in a new country and a majority of my clientele will have a dark complexion and will wish to have mehndi done on body parts other than palms.  I am looking for the darkest staining henna to offer the most visible body art. 

I've narrowed my search down to the Monsoon and Celebration henna.  I'm curious to know which you would recommend, based on your experience with the two.  The Monsoon is more attractive, economically as I will have to ship internationally and pay about 87% duty, however, if it's well worth it, I am willing to spend the extra dough to get the Celebration if it is better.  

I see Celebration has a 3.4% lawsone content, but there ppears to be no data on the Monsoon.  Does anyone have an idea of that information?

One more question:  I'm in a very hot climate (hotter than it ws in South Florida)... mid 80s to low 90s on average right now.  When storing the henna, would the refrigerator or freezer be  better option?  Does freezing the henna powder have an adverse effect on it, compared to simple refrigeration?

Thanks for your help.

Marley :o) 

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Monsoon vs Celebration Henna - Colour, Cost, Storage

Sending henna to the lab for testing is expensive, so I don't test a batch of less than one ton.  We only have a few hundred kilos of Monsoon left, so its not cost effective to test it.  I would guess that it is around 2.3 - 2.5% lawsone.  Its very good, and people love it, but it's not 3.4%.

Both will hit black on a good palm, but only Celebration will rock clear up to the elbow.  I'd get Celebration.

Very cool, dark, stable temperatures will keep your henna good for a very long time.  Frozen does slightly betters.

ANUMarley

Hi Catherine,

Thanks so much for the quick reply.  I'll be placing an order for the Celebration as soon as my PayPal account is loaded.  I take it you have a lot of this in stock, so I will be ok ordering about 500g instead of a kilo.  I think I slightly misunderstood your last sentence.  Were you saying that freezing it is best for extended storage?

Cheers,

Marley

CCartwrightJones
admin

Freezing seems to be best for very long term storage, but I don't have lab assays to give you a precise comparison.  If you're in a very hot place, freezing really does make a difference.

We've got three tons of Celebration.