What kind of henna to use?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
jiffysweeper
What kind of henna to use?

Hi everyone, this forum and site is great by the way. I haven't hennaed yet, but am planning to get some soon, which brings me to my question, what is the best kind of henna powder to buy. I don't really want to buy some in like a grocery store, because it's probably been sitting there for awhile, and who knows what's actually in it. So I am wanting to buy online. What is a good site with good quality henna. I looked on ebay, which is cheaper, but I am afraid it could be mixed with different chemicals. Then only ones I could really find were, Lush, which is kind of expensive, Renaissance something and Mehandi. What do you guys use with good results. I have chemically dyed medium auburn hair now, and want it to be very dark brown. So I will need indigo too, which i am just going to get through mehandi. I have a little longer than bra strap length very thick hair, so I think I will probably need 400 grams of whatever to do my whole head. Can anyone recommend a vendor?

Carrie
Re: What kind of henna to use?

In case you weren't aware, this is Mehandi's forum :)  and quite a few of us are using Mehandi's henna.

Heather2

Well I'm in the UK and order via Henna Boy whom are really good. I've used Jamila; Sojat and Lush Caca Rouge - all with equally fabulous results, however, the Lush is VERY vibrant - still gorgeous though. 

ACWN

Lush is also premixed and not pure henna (main ingredient is coca butter - an oil), so we cant talk about it in depth here. If you're curious about it, you can ask about it on the Long Hair Community forum, their topics are much more broad and the people are very friendly.

jiffysweeper

Thanks for all your responses, I didn't realize we're not really supposed to talk about other brands here, I thought this forum was for the Henna for Hair site, and Mehandi was just suggested. I will probably go with Mehandi anyway, just wondering if there were other options with cheaper shipping for me. I'm actually a Long Hair Community member already, just haven't been there in awhile. Thanks again.

ACWN

Mehandi.com (Henna for Hair/Tap Dancing Lizard) is the host site of this forum, its a company... and cause of legal issues and insurance, we're not allowed to talk about other company's products (like Lush) in depth. The topic of this forum is also restricted to pure plant dyes and their uses, so premixed and compound hennas are off topic.

You can call mehandi directly and ask them about shipping, sometimes what PayPal says shipping is is far more expensive than what you can get via phone.