What to do if henna made my hair just too orange

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
snowfitness1
What to do if henna made my hair just too orange

Hi all! Ok, I thought I was going to like the henna...but I simply am just not digging the pumpkin orange against my skin. For the life of me I can't pick out just what needs to take place! I DO want my hair to be red! But this is just odd and muddy orangy...almost like there's an undertone of green to it (not sure, but that's what I'm feeling!) Soooo, what is the solution? How do I achieve a gorgeous red?? What can I do?? I look good in warm colors, and I'm very surprised that this doesn't suit me because I thought the more orange-red would be warm, actually. when my stylist did my hair red, it brought out a natural glowing tone to my skin, and this makes me feel like I look green too! Please help! :)

ACWN
Re: What to do if henna made my hair just too orange

If your hair still hasnt darkened down to a color you like, you can apply henna again to deepen the color.

snowfitness1

I did that yesterday, and I got the roots I missed as well as some blonder parts in the back. I thought I was really digging the color, but I find myself not feeling that way now. Maybe this hasn't oxidized enough yet, but I didn't redo the front because I hit it really well with the first application, and it is all the exact same color and hue now. All very orange...burnt orange like a pumpkin.

ACWN

If you just reapplied yesterday, remember that its still in that OMG! Orange stage of the first 48 hours and should darken down further in a couple days. I know XYZ left some suggestions on your other post about how to handle the orange - might wanna check those out too :)

snowfitness1

I just wanted to update in case someone reads this and is considering henna....OMG, my color is now GORGEOUS!!!!! I am not tooting my own horn, I'm tooting HENNA'S horn!!!! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! It is SOOO TRUE that after it oxidizes the color is SPECTACULAR!!! It turned into a natural, vibrant, redhead read...that is EXACTLY what I wanted!!!! Yay!!!!! :D 

Carrie

Wonderful. At what point did it reach a color you liked? It's about 2-1/2 weeks since you started this thread I think.

snowfitness1

Hi Carrie! Well, It was last night that I shampooed my hair, and it washed out the remnants of the 2nd henna application I did to cover the roots and back parts I missed the first time. I only rinsed and conditioned my hair after the henna instead of shampooing. So there was a good bit of residual henna that rinsed out with the shampoo, thus when I dried my hair it was super shiny and coppper penny red! I think it will only get better as time goes on! I may even do a full head again the next time to deepen it a little more, but so far I think it's a pretty amazing color! Thanks for all your help! (Yes, I think it's been about 2 1/2 weeks!) :)