Neroli/ Naiouli

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
jessinthedesert
Neroli/ Naiouli

I was looking on the site for essential oils and see Neroli talked about on the 'serious terps' page recipies (Tea tree, Cardemom, Naroli) , but when I got to purchase it, the only thing I see is Naiouli, so I got some. Are these the same thing?

I looked briefly online and saw a statement saying they are very different, but no other information.

Thanks!

Jen
Re: Neroli/ Naiouli

Not the same thing at all, but...

Neroli is crazy expensive. Expensive to the point that you won't see many places carry it, and to the point that I wouldn't consider using it in my paste. Kinda like Jasmine... could be a heck of a terp, but I'd never know because at $500 an ounce I can find much better things to do with it than to toss it into my henna!

Niaouli is a great terp though. The scent is kind of like cajeput but with a mellower, sort of nutty scent. It does great work for paste.

jessinthedesert

Okay, yeah, I'll stick with Naiouli!  Was looking for something to make a darker stain...for now the best I've found was the mix of cajeput & cardemom and then adding lavendar mostly for scent.

I'm just testing out some new Raj with different oils so we'll see. If you have any better suggestions for a darker stain, I'll take em!

Thanks for the info!

Jen

Caj is my goto work horse, I always use it, at least a bit. Sometimes I cut with lavender, which is also a good terp! Not just for scent! Tea tree is a good one, but I hate the smell. Geranium too. 

jessinthedesert

Thank you!

Hennacat
admin

I love Naiouli, smells like the middle of lemon lockets (UK cough / throat sweet). Smells great mixed with Lavender or geranium. It is a great terp, a bit fresher smelling than Tea tree, IMO.