Wanted: Deep Red Burgundy on gray and chem-lawned hair :P

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Amethyste
Wanted: Deep Red Burgundy on gray and chem-lawned hair :P

Hello Everybody!

I have been reading a lot in the last week about henna on hair. I have naturally med-to a tad darker brown hair with LOOOOOOOOADS of gray :( I used a chemical dye to get back to my darker color about a week or so ago and man... I sneezed and wheezed when I did the color. I really thought I would stop breathing! That experience really freaked me out :( So.... Here I am, trying to stay alive while coloring/staining my hair and having a good result.

Ultimately, here is the color I would like to achieve ( even dark auburn would be super! ):

http://www.mehandi.com/hair/hair2.jpg

I read that the celebration is really good at covering stubborn grays. I do not expect a miracle ( well I'd love to be surprised! ) from using henna once and getting the beautiful color I posted above. But would it be possible after a couple of applications? I have been growing my hair for the last 8 months and want to grow it longer as well. 

What should I do to:

Get a dark auburn from head to end of hair?
What to do when the roots grow in after 3-4 weeks? Do the whole head or just the roots several times?

So many questions... Thank you in advance...

Amethyste

ACWN
Re: Wanted: Deep Red Burgundy on gray and chem-lawned hair :P

The link you posted is coming up as 403 Forbidden. If you want burgundy on gray, try celebration. You should be able to get burgundy or close to with a single over night application.

Amethyste
Re: Wanted: Deep Red Burgundy on gray and chem-lawned hair :P

that is so strange it dodn't post....
you can just copy then paste link in a new window...

http://www.mehandi.com/hair/hair2.jpg

Thank you for the post :)

Amethyste
Deep Red Burgundy on colored and graying hair :(

I am still a little confused on what to do for the first time and then on what to do for my grays.

i posted a picture of my hair color at the moment.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/109/l_7d1babef40a843a99b468e...

I like it but it lacks that beautiful deep red and the shine!!!
The second picture is the color I would looooove to get to, or close to.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_616b03e3c10241a0be67ede...

But with my hair being about 70% gray, I am afraid I might not be able to achieve that? I ordered Celebration, wondering if i should have also gotten some indigo to mix with the henna? ! step or 2 step process? I am a little confused with Indigo and Hendigo.

Sorry to ask so many questions, i don't want to experiment on my hair too much, i have been letting it grow for 8 months now, and would be ecstatic if I could get it close to the color I love :)

Can someone ( if granted you have the time and have the will ) share with me their thoughts on how to get there perhaps? 1 step? 2 step? Thank you in advance.

Carrie
Re: Deep Red Burgundy on colored and graying hair :(

I think you can get that color with just Celebration, perhaps using it 2-3 times. Your roots as they grow in with just get a single application and will be slightly less color-saturated but they'll blend in just fine. I don't think you'll need indigo but if you decide you want to add it later on, I'd try 10% indigo, 90% Celebration.

Carrie
Re: Deep Red Burgundy on colored and graying hair :(

Forgot to say ... I'd just apply Celebration once for at least 3-4 hours (or overnight if you prefer) and let it oxidize before deciding what to do next. You may be thrilled with what you get with a single application after a week has gone by and the color matures, so don't feel you have to rush to do 2 hennas back to back.