Ancient Sunrise Henna for Hair kits: red or Rajasthani Twilight?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
NaturalHair
Ancient Sunrise Henna for Hair kits: red or Rajasthani Twilight?

Hello,

I have dark brown hair which henna will be better to achive red color in my hair, ancient sunrise Henna for Hair kits red or Rajasthani Twilight?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Carrie
Re: Ancient Sunrise Henna for Hair kits: red or Rajasthani ...

Dark brown hair won't turn red, exactly, but you can get reddish highlights that show in bright sunshine with henna. In regular indoor lighting the color change will probably not be visible.

I'd suggest the higher dye content, Twilight, so you get more of the dye into your hair. It will not make your hair any lighter but will add some red tones to it.

If you want red hair, you would need to start with lighter hair. You could bleach it but that means the upkeep will be more of a bother - bleaching your roots before hennaing them every time they start to show.

NaturalHair

Thank you so much Carrie you were a big help , as you suggested i am going to order Twilight.

FreeSprit74

I wouldn't use AS: Red, only because the last time I stocked up on it (I have been using AS: Red since I started hennaing in Feb. 2010), they put Jasmine henna in the boxes, yet they still charged me $15/box, for the 3 boxes I ordered (and there was NOTHING on the shop site in regards to this change).

I kept the henna, as per their return policy since I had cracked the seals on all three boxes, and I am using it, but if this were to happen again, I'd be sending it back, box seal cracked or not, and disputing the charge on my credit card. For $60 (henna + shipping) I expect better.