Will be 1st time trying and need help.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
l_nperry
Will be 1st time trying and need help.

I really want to try henna to help strengthen my hair. I have black natural 4a thin damaged hair and it needs a lot of strengthen to keep from breaking off. What is the best henna for the most strength but can keep my hair color black or maybe a dark brown color? I appreciate the help and I am excited to try this new strengthening treatment. Thank you

ACWN
Re: Will be 1st time trying and need help.

Plant dyes cannot lighten, so it doesnt matter what henna you put over it in regards to color because it will not visibly change it. The most you'll get is a red sparkle in the sun.

If your hair is very weak and/or damaged, I would start off with the Raj. Jasmine from mehandi.com... its dye content is the lowest, but it rinses easily from damaged or weak hair. Just do it often and it will build up, making your hair stronger. You could also try their new Raj. Monsoon and see how that works, it has a much higher dye content - so you wouldnt have to use it as often as Raj. Jasmine -  but is suppose to be very gentle on delicate hair.

And I would mix it with something very gentle too, like chamomile tea, rather than something more acidic.

l_nperry
Re: Will be 1st time trying and need help.

Thank you so much! I can't wait to see the results.