Glitter, what a mess!!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
barefootgirl
Glitter, what a mess!!

I did alot of henna this past weekend, with alot of glitter. It all looked great and did what it was

supposed to do (bringing people over), but, it was absolutely everywhere. In my eyes, up my nose,

tracked into the stores...... is there any way to keep it neater?

thanks, Donna

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)
Re: Glitter, what a mess!!

Glitter is amazing, now that you have used it you will have it everywhere for ever !!

I don't know how to make it behave but it does draw the $ so I am happy to be glittered for life, and my car, my husband, my home, my pets, my sheets, and just about everything I get near. 

You kind of have to just accept the consequences of using it and embrace it ! lol

Mani

Glitter is the herpes of the craft world.  Now that you've contracted it, you'll never be completely rid of it.  The best advice I can give is to poof as directionally as you can and to sit upwind of it whenever possible.   I love all the functions that glitter serves and find that sneezing glitter for a week after an event is a small price to pay for all the sparkly perks.  Also, it makes it easy to track a henna girl's movements.  Just look for the glitter trail!

CCartwrightJones
admin

I brush glitter rather than poofing because poofed glitter gives me wicked bronchitis.  I can keep it under control with a brush (like a blusher brush)

Empire is all slightly glittery, floor to ceiling.

barefootgirl

I felt bad because one of the ladies whose store

I'm near seemed kinda pissed she had glitter in her store.  I've gotten an "I'm sorry about that" gift for her,

but that doesn't get rid of it.  Oh well.

Has anyone ever tried to use some kind of box/tray thing underneath to catch the fallout?  Maybe that way

its not all over the ground to track in....

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)

if you are indoors, go outside to glitter things.

If you are already outside any little wisp of moving air will take glitter afar and gift it to unsuspecting people and anything else near. 

I don't bother with a box, but I do know some who do......

Blurberrybuzz

It's just a messy part of henna.  I'm pretty messy at everything though.  I've used an artist's brush for applying glitter but now I just poof away because it's so much faster and I like to keep the line moving. 

ladytetsu

I dunno. . .I poof, and I've had excellent luck with getting the client to kinda lean down over the trash can. . .I poof downward, they clap and knock the leftovers loose, and I don't break my hostess' vacuumn.  The only place I have perma-glitter is my steering wheel - the finish just GRABBED some glitter from my hands a few years ago and won't let go!