IT'S CELEBRATION TIME TONIGHT!!! :)

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Amethyste
IT'S CELEBRATION TIME TONIGHT!!! :)

HOLLA EVERYONE!

I AM SUPER SUPER EXCITED!!! I FINALLY GOT MY CELEBRATION IN YESTERDAY AND TONIGHT, I AM "DOING" IT! :) I WENT TO THE STORE AND GOT MYSELF SOME LEMON ZINGER TEA. I WILL USE 3 TEA BAGS PER CUP OF WATER AND USE THIS TO MIX MY HENNA. IT IS SOMEWHAT WARM IN NH NOW, WAY ABOVE 80F. SO I THINK I'LL BE MIXING THIS TONIGHT AROUND 8-9PM AND LET IT SIT FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR TO SEE IF I AM GETTING DYE RELEASE. THEN WHEN READY, I'LL APPLY TO MY HAIR, WRAP MYSELF IN SARANWRAP, AND GO TO BED!

Y'ALL THINK IT WILL BE ENOUGH TIME ON MY HEAD? FROM ABOUT 10PM OR SO UNTIL 7AM? I AM TRYING TO ACHIVE A NICE DEEP AUBURN ON MY HAIR - WHERE I COULD ONLY DO WHOLE HEAD APPLICATIONS - I AM NOT TOO GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO DO ROOTS WITH PASTE LOL...

DOES MY SET UP LOOKS OK? IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE OR IF I AM NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT, LET ME KNOW!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ACWN
Re: IT'S CELEBRATION TIME TONIGHT!!! :)

Whoa... caps overload. @_@

Okay, remember to TEST for dye release. Do not assume. 8 hours will probably give you burgundy with Celebration. If you're looking for an auburn, 3 hours would probably be more than enough since Celebration is so high in dye content.

Amethyste

oopps... Sorry about the caps. I was at work and we use caps for our charts and such... :)

It's a very good thing I read your post!!! I would have burgundy hair... Ok.. I'll do 3-4 hours. i just want to make sure it colvers my roots. i should go and mix it right now then...

whne it stains my my skin, i know it is ready to be applied right?

ACWN

Yes, but you want a specific stain color. A vivid orange. You should get that in an hour with tea (room temp) left out at 80 degrees.

Amethyste

Thank you so much for the replies!!!

Here is the current color of my hair. I'll take a pic post henna :)

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/63/l_1c84d46689184dc8a2c06c5...

hope this link works :)

ACWN

I could be wrong, but you may get the color you're looking for at 2 - 3 hours, your hair is fairly dark and brownish to start with (at least that I could see in that pic). It wont take much to get an auburn, especially with celebration.

Amethyste

even if the color on the picture was obtained chemically?

it's releasing the dye right now...

ACWN

Well, it might be a bit different on the chemically damaged length than it is on your virgin roots - the virgin roots may come out darker. Aim for 3 hours, I really think that will be enough time, but if you want to shoot for more time and find its too dark after it oxidizes you can always lighten it a little (so long as there has never been indigo in your hair).

Amethyste

ok... I do have quite a bit of gray - so it might be just fine... we'll see!!! :)

petitsfour

Awesome! I'll be doing this Friday morning.  I am very very excited to see your results :)

Amethyste

hello!!!!

I have hennaed my hair. I let it sit on for 3 1/2 hours... The roots are a little pale compared to the red of my hair, but well wait for oxydation to take place before jumping to any conclusions :) i tried to take outside pics today, but the weather was stormy and very dark/gloomy, so i skipped those :(

i just love the feel of my hair, curiously, my hair has been a little MORE curly than usual today... Here is a pic of my hair now, after Henna!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs071.snc4/34921_41092630819...

hope this can be viewed!

ACWN

It turned out beautiful!

Amethyste

Thank you so much !!!! Celebration rocks!!!!

I think it did such a wonderful job!!! I am beyond pleased!

tell me though, how long would you wait to wash your hair after you got the henna out of it at first? I am on day 2 right now and not sure I can do a 3rd - I guess i wanted to give it full optimum oxydation... I will try to get my hands on some shampoo bars - i am really trying to go green...

Thoughts?

Carrie

You can wash it right away. No need to wait, and it helps to get any residual henna dust out of your hair. Shampoo doesn't remove fresh henna dye.

Amethyste

THank you Carrie! I appreciate it! :)

Amethyste

What do you think would be the darkest my hair would get if I were to do full head applications every 4 weeks using the celebration? I know at some point, the hair will be saturated with the henna pigment... I am just not sure what to expect? Maybe I'd like to have my hair a little more vibrant :)

Carrie

Probably a dark cherry cola/burgundy (varying in different lighting).

Here is what I mean by cherry cola:

http://www.hennaforhair.com/forum/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=view&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=9052

If your hair is lighter than hers under the henna (and I believe it is, from the pics you posted) you'd have less brown tones, more burgundy. A very pretty but - in my opinion - highly unnatural color.

Amethyste

THank you so much, Carrie - for posting the picture/thread.

I am asking because i believe that my greys are extremely resistant and i might have to do several lengthy processing applications and i'd rather just do my whole head as i think might help facilitate the process... I just looked at my roots today ( day 3 of oxydation ) and they have not turned out much darker than when i first washed it. I am tempted to so another application tonight and leave it on for about 7-8 hours... It is sucky to be a medium brown with lots and lots of white/grey hair already :(

i actually do like that nice burgundy...

It is true though that the hair will get saturated with the henna and after a certain point even if you keep putting it on, it will not darken nor change?

In all honesty, I am more concerned with coloring my greys and whole head with a natural dye and be happy with whatever color I'll end up getting than doing my hair with chemical dyes. last time i colored with a chem dye, I thought I would die! Started to be short on breath and was dizzy... it was scary!!!

ACWN

If you wanted something with a little more brown instead of the purple tones of burgundy, you could throw a small amount of ready to go indigo - 10 grams or less - or buxus into your dye released henna and that would make the color more brown. It will darken it further, but you could do it once and then continue to do just henna over it and it would probably be closer to a cherry cola color, if thats what you want.

Also, if you wanted to keep the color you have now and just fix those areas of gray, just hit those with extra henna. Do only what can be seen and nothing else. Remember you still need to cover it though.

Amethyste

I really do not mind the burgundy actually :) I think it is really cool! I assume that if after i have the burgundy a bit and want to toe it down , I can add the buxus to my whole mix and put it on my whole head in a year from now  :)

I think I'll go ahead and do my hair again tonight... I'll leave it on overnight :)

Weeeeeeeee... :)

I think I should go ahead and get myself more celebration and AMLA for my skin - and maybe some shampoo bars while at it :)

aquablue

hi

I called when ordering and was suggesting a little indigo (bought here) with henna would help to achieve burgundy but reading here saying more brown tones.  Or will celebration over time get to the burgundy cherry look I'm hoping to have?

Carrie

Your own haircolor plays a role in your final color outcome with henna. On some people several hennas will build up to look more brownish, on others it will look more burgundy. Some people (blondes, often) need a little indigo (like 10%) to deepen the red to auburn or toward burgundy, while others (from light brown through dark brown) will be able to get those darker shades of red without adding any indigo.