Yep...another question - cassia and fading

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
thomppl
Yep...another question - cassia and fading

Sorry about all the questions but I just want to get this right :)  In the old forum I saw people talking about how cassia fades in a few weeks.  If I do a cassia/henna mix what will it look like in a few weeks when the cassia fades?  Will I need to continue to do all over color instead of just roots because of fading? 

Thanks again!

ACWN
Re: Yep...another question - cassia and fading

Probably both. But I'm not sure how you would get the faded length to match the bright roots. I just realized thats whats wrong with my color, its faded. My last mix was 50/50 and the cassia faded. Its been about 3 weeks, almost 4. Its a dull copper.. not very attractive at all.

I'm thinking instead this time I'm going to do a strong henna gloss, it doesnt seem to fade near as much. Carrie - I know you'll read this eventually, so I'm curious... about how strong would I need to make the gloss to match a 50/50 mix? How many tablespoons to a cup?

Carrie

The only way I can answer this is to say, just use the same amount of henna you used in your 50/50 mix, and add enough conditioner to generously saturate your hair. It's the total amount of henna that matters, not the ratio of henna to conditioner.

ACWN

Ah! Spiffy. Makes perfect sense. Thanks, Carrie. :)

EDIT: Oops.. forgot to mention that what it now takes to saturate my hair in conditioner, thanks to my hair cut, definitely doesnt even come close to the amount of henna I'd end up using. Oh well, too late. Its in my hair. *rubs the back of her head sheepishly*

We'll see what color I get tomorrow morning. I've got another hour and a half on it, which would put it at 3 hours. Half debating on leaving it on till my fiancee has to get up to go to work, but that would be another hour and I'm not too sure I can handle 4 hours. Stuffs dripping like mad right now. That and I dont know if I can stay up that long...

Either way... will share pics tomorrow morning.

thomppl

Carrie, when you respond to ACWN about a gloss to match 50/50 could you also tell me how to do a gloss that would be similar to a 4 to 1 ratio (cassia to henna)?  When I did my samples I used 1/4 of the 3 gram package of PP with about 3-4 tablespoons of my conditioner and it looked fine but I have no idea how much I would use for my entire head :)

Thanks!

Carrie

The same sort of answer would apply here ... if you need 100 gm of powder to dye your hair, a 4:1 cassia:henna mix would contain 80 gm cassia, 20 gm henna. To do a gloss of the same color strength you'd use 20 gm henna and however much conditioner you need to saturate your hair.