Help please - gray/white hair is neon orange

5 replies [Last post]
cosmic
I tried searching the forums for other posts pertaining to this issue but I guess I'm not searching the right terms because I'm not finding what I'm looking for... Today I helped my mother dye her hair with henna. Her hair natural hair is mostly a faded auburn brown (that part came out beautifully!) but she has gray and white hair along her temples that came out bright neon orange. I've read on here that the color will darken over the next few days, and I keep telling her that, but she's pretty anxious about the orange. Neither of us are sure just how much darker that bit will get. What can we do to darken up the orange? Should we re-henna that part and leave it on longer to soak up more dye? (she left it on for about 2 hours). Would that get it darker, or just more intense orange? lol. I do have some amla powder I could add to the henna (it's supposed to make it a more brown-ish red, right?). Any advice is much appreciated! :)
cosmic
Re: Help please - gray/white hair is neon orange
Ok, so the hairdryer is a no-go... I told her she could just take a nice long nap tomorrow haha.

Thanks for the help!