Bad choice!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joeyrow
Bad choice!
I recently got a 'henna' tattoo in Tunisia (6th July), I was fairly ignorant about it, it was applied black, but after sitting in the sun and trying to avoid water on it (as it ran if it was in contact) for 24 hours it has dried dark brown. I've had no reaction to it at all, it didn't even burn when being applied, however, I now know that it can take a while to kick in. Is there anything that can be done to prevent such a severe allergy or will I just have to seek medical attention if or when I'm allergic? Thanks!
Jen
Re: Bad choice!
If there's no reaction there's nothing to treat. Because its a sensitizing chemical you will have greater risk of reactions in future exposures. Now that you've had the exposure no, there's nothing you can really do but try to avoid future exposures. If you do show signs of reaction (and it could show somewhere other than the location of the tattoo, such as your eyelids!) see a doctor.
Joeyrow
Re: Bad choice!
Thank you for the response! No reaction so far 9 days on and I'm hoping it stays that way! I am completely find to have 100% pure natural henna now?