Green Roots

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tracey
Green Roots

I did henna for 2 hours and then indigo for 10 minutes after 15 minutes of applying (this was last month).  Wanted little darker did indigo for 5 more minutes. Still wished was darker.

today, henna for about 2.5 hours, then indigo for 20 minutes after 15 minutes of application.  Had blow dryer on for a few minutes here and there.  Roots were kinda green.  Washed 2 x are more green now. What do I do to make this go away quickly?  Thanks

Carrie
Re: Green Roots
Shampooing should do it, and also time ... the greenish tinge of fresh indigo-containing mixes will usually fade within 24 to at most 48 hours.  It sounds like it got MORE greenish after 2 shampoos? That is a little unexpected, but I still think giving it time is your best bet.

If that doesn't work, you can add a little more henna (and no indigo)  JUST on the greenish areas. You may only need to leave it on an hour or so - and you don't need to add heat  this time. Heat increases dye uptake and unless you can apply heat very evenly (like with a bonnet hairdryer) it might make the dyes take unevenly.