BAQ2 replacements

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
npeet
BAQ2 replacements
Hi there, Well, I've been doling out my BAQ2 for around 3 years now. I do a gloss 3 times a year or so. Was searching the forum for replacements, and it looks like the suggestions for Yemen Light is also not in stock any longer. I tried the Punjabi Prime once, and it wasn't the right tone of red for me. My hair is (was) a very warm, golden red, and the BAQ2 was quite close. Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!!
Jen
Re: BAQ2 replacements
I think Jasmine is your best bet. Its suggested as a replacement for Punjabi Prime on the web site, but it has the closest dye content to BAQ2. You can always order a sample and try a strand test before you invest in a lot.
npeet
Ok, thank you Jen. I'll try that.
npeet
I just went to read about the jasmine. It says it has rose undertones, which is not at all what I want. What is great about the baq2 is the sunny golden tone. Maybe I can't get what I need here anymore :(
Jen
I've never personally agreed with that "rosy" description. (honestly henna is the color it is. There's either more of it or less of it. Less gives amber, more gives auburn, and even more gives burgundy. Color is a pretty subjective topic, and to my eye "rosy" doesn't exist on that scale.) I don't think other henna suppliers really offer descriptions of the subtle differences of their henna's effect on hair. You might just be shooting in the dark. I also don't think anyone else offers $1.50 samples. It might be worth a try before you venture elsewhere.