indigo fade

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
man_napat
indigo fade
I dying 2 step henna-indigo process 2 day after dying,I have washed hair. I found indigo on my hair is fading. I have Dandruff. What should I do? Can I use dandruff shampoo after dying? How long the indigo on hair(usually)? Thank you for your kindness. :)
Jen
Re: indigo fade
This happens to some people only on their first application, and later applications don't fade like this.

Have you tried adding salt to the indigo portion?

Are you covering the hair with plastic while the paste is on your head, for BOTH parts of the mix?

I would leave the henna portion in 2-4 hours, and the indigo portion in 1-2 hours. I would NOT use the dandruff shampoo for the first 48 hours, including while you rinse the paste out.

In a perfect world indigo SHOULD be permanent, but sometimes it takes a little practice to get the process perfect.
man_napat
I don't covering the hair with plastic. I don't know.How plastic help? I have left the henna 4 hrs. and the indigo 4 hrs and the next day I have used dandruff shampoo. after 48 hours and before dying Can I use dandruff shampoo? (I wouldn't like to use the baby shampoo Throughout after dyeing.) Some post tell "Should use shampoo after henna and Shouldn't use shampoo have silicone before dyeing." Is true? Thank you.
Jen
OH YES! That will help you a lot. Cover your hair with plastic wrap or a plastic grocery bag while the paste is one, so that the plastic touches the paste. This will keep the paste active by keeping it moist. It will also make it easier to rinse.
Carrie
The dandruff shampoo may be on the harsh side and contribute to your fading problem if you use it on indigoed hair. I would try a gentler shampoo. It's true you should wait 48 hours after you use indigo before you shampoo.

For good henna and indigo uptake, I would avoid shampoos with silicone-type ingredients prior to applying the henna (use a different shampoo right before you henna). It is okay to use the silicone-y shampoo and conditioner later on, though, 48 hours after indigo.

man_napat
I have a sweat and oil on my head. Can you advice me please. Should I use any type of shampoo? Thank you So much :)
Jen
Use a silicone free shampoo before you dye with henna and indigo, then avoid all shampoo for at least one, and better yet two days after. THEN you can shampoo, but preferably with a mild shampoo.