Sanotint Light

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tracey
Sanotint Light

Has anyone used sanotint hair dye? Has anyone used this on indigoed hair?  Does it work well?

Obviously I am going to do a test on a small sample of hair to see before I would try anything.

Thanks!

[link removed by admin]

Jen
Re: Sanotint Light
Hi Tracey. I had to remove your link. Our insurance does not allow links to outside commercial sites.

Without henna and/or indigo, permanent, dark color dyes without ppd always arouses suspicion. I did a little digging and found that the manufacturer's statement is actually LOW OR NO ppd. The browns and black DO in fact contain PPD. I found this ingredients list on a different retailer's site. Sure, its got some natural stuff in it. It MIGHT be a LITTLE less toxic than other chemical hair dyes, but its no where near natural, and not particularly gentle

COLOR GEL CONTAINS: PEG-2 Soyamine (Derived from soybean), Aqua (Purified, De-ionized Water), Cocomide DEA (Derived from coconut), Denatured Alcohol (Derived from corn). Oleic Acid, Propylene Glycol, (Derived from plant sources), Ethanolamine (Derived from coconut), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Naturally derived from wheat, but free of gluten), Natural Banana Fragrance (essential oil), PEG-7 Coconut Glyceride (Derived from coconut), Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Certified Organic Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Extract, Certified Organic Orange and Grapefruit Extract (Citrus Dulcis & Citrus Grandis), Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Disodium Salt, Sodium Hydrosulfite, Sodium EDTA

COLOR PIGMENTS: 4-Chloro Resorcinol (not the toxic resorcinol, different chemical compound), 2-Methyl Resorcinol (not the toxic resorcinol, different chemical compound), 2-Amino-4-Hydrozyethylaminoanisole, Phenylendiamines (or PPD’s), M-Amino Phenol, P-Amino Phenol

COLOR FIX CONTAINS: Aqua (Purified, De-ionized Water), Hydrogen Peroxide (pharmaceutical grade), Certified Organic Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Polyquarternium-10 (Derived from plant cellulose), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate & Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Etidronic Acid, Peroxide

Tracey
Thanks, sorry about the link I didn't know that.  Did you look up Classic or light?  Light is supposed to be the one with no PPD.  I will be testing it on my arm first since I am allergic to hair dye.  I am also going to try the reflex form Sanotint as this is not permanent and doesn't have peroxide either.  I was just curious if anyone had tried these on henna/indigoed hair and what the results were. Thanks!
ACWN
If you have indigo in your hair, applying ANY sortve of light colored dye is a bad idea. The risk of green is still there.
Tracey
I thought the risk of green with indigo was based on peroxide?  I am going to test it before I do it.  Thanks!
ACWN
I don't know if its JUST peroxide, but peroxide does cause the color to lift and that's what makes the green, so I would guess that any product that causes your color to come out lighter would cause it. Blonde hair plus blue dye equals green.
Carrie
peroxide is in the ingredients list for the third item, listed above.
Carrie
Classic has PPD and peroxide. Light has peroxide, plus an ingredient that is a substitute for PPD, called Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate.  Apparently it has some allergy/sensitizing potential as well; see below.

http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and-tests/food-and-health/beauty-and-pe...