Cassia or Ziziphus to thicken hair?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
celiacarrion
Cassia or Ziziphus to thicken hair?
Hello! My hair is quite fine and I wanted a natural solution to thicken it up for a bit with no color change (my hair is light/medium brown). But I'm not sure which works better to thicken hair? Thank you! Any other pros and cons of using either would be welcome :)
HennaGal
admin
Re: Cassia or Ziziphus to thicken hair?
Hello there, you could possibly use cassia. you might try a small sample first j to make sure there's no color change. Cassia usually only stains very light hair. Ziz leaves a sort of waxy  coat on my hair, but it does definitely help thicken. The effects of cassia and ziz are both temporary, so why not try both?
celiacarrion
Hmm this is true I forgot that you can buy samples! So one doesn't exactly thicken better than the other though? Or does it really depend on the kind of texture etc that I'm going for? My hair is naturally pretty slippery and shiny so I think a "waxy" texture might be unusual but welcome for a new hairstyle! Thank you!
tbonita
Cassia! It thickens my hair more than henna. On brown hair you may get a golden glint in the sun for a few weeks. I do a faithful monthly cassia :)
celiacarrion
I think I might give it a go on a sample and I've actually done henna before but I'm not sure why I didn't noticed a difference in thickness one bit :/ another user mentioned a "waxy" feel to the zizi does the cassia give this kind of texture as well? Thank you!
tbonita
I didn't exactly have a 'waxy' feel to my hair after cassia but it may have felt a little 'coated'.... I mean something's there giving you the extra thickness.... If that makes sense haha!