Processing Solution For Henna

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
HIGHLANDERGIRL61
Processing Solution For Henna
I am wondering after all this reading I have done on Hennafor hair, I am confused on what is the best processing solution for Henna. I read that some use wine,yogurt, orange,lemon and lime juice,apple cider vinegar. Which is the best to use? Can I use Coconut Milk will it turn out the same way that when I use Vinegar? There is a lot to know and learn.
cosmetologist.lady
Re: Processing Solution For Henna
You want to use an acidic liquid, usually something between 2.0 and 4.0 on the pH scale. Apple cider vinegar is the liquid we recommend most often, as it is easy on the hair and scalp, and also offers wonderful dye release. Most teas and coconut milk are usually not acidic enough to offer full dye release of the henna. Lime and lemon juices are often very harsh on the hair and scalp, which means you should dilute them with distilled water if you choose to use them. Overall, we found that apple cider vinegar and cranberry juice offered the best results in our most recent henna testing.
HIGHLANDERGIRL61

Well then I shall continue with Apple Cider Vinegar I always get excellent job dying my hair. Every hair is covered the grey too. I use African Henna and this color is so beautiful. My natural color is about ash brown, the henna changes it to Light coppery red, I get a lot of compliments.

tbonita
I use plain water or chamomile tea, and get a phenomenal stain every time. When I was using acid in particular lemon juice my hair was dry for a month.
HennaGal
admin
How long does the stain last for you with water/tea?
ACWN

Not to hijack or jump in, but I also use tea and have for almost as long as I've been using henna. I've used chamomile, passionfruit mango and now Arizona brand, lemon flavored. I made the tea (chamomile and mango) very strong - 3 bags per cup water - and let it steep for several hours, then chill.

My ends have not seen fresh henna in about two years now, almost three and they are still as vivid and strong as the day I colored them.

The only time I had color lasting issues was when my hair was chemically damaged, but it was pretty heavily damaged too, so...

tbonita
The stain is as permanent as can be and bright as daylight :)
HennaGal
admin
Thanks! Good to know =)
SimplyBeautiful...
Hi! Can you use store bought tea? Like lipton tea? I think I may try ACV for my first henna treatment. That sounds better for me than the lemon juice.
ACWN

All the tea I've ever used is store bought. I don't know how well Lipton would work, but I know from experience that Arizona brand works great. If you don't drink it, you can buy a single can from a gas station for a dollar or so.

You can also use any citrus flavored tea with very good results, just brew it very strong - 3 to 4 packets per cup water. Let it brew until room temp, then chill it. I've used mango passionfruit and got great results too.