Dark roots?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
cecillem
Dark roots?
Hello everyone! I just want to say I love henna and I'm so happy that I can now color my hair naturally to my favorite dark copper red instead of using bottled dyes. Or the salon.. *shudders*. I no longer have to have to sacrifice shiny hair in order to keep my color. However, after using henna for a while I've realized that my new growth is so much more healthier than my lengths. So much so, that the henna grabs onto my roots and stays permanently, meanwhile the color on the length starts to fade within 4-5 weeks and I'm back where I started. For a while it looked natural and the fade between the roots and the lengths was gradual, but now it's starting to look a bit odd with every henna application darkening the roots further. Is there any way to apply the henna to my lengths only? Will oiling my roots with coconut oil before applying it help? Or maybe applying it to the lengths only, baggy-ing it, and sitting under dryer? Any suggestions? Thank you so much in advance. :3
ACWN
Re: Dark roots?

It sounds like your length is so chemically damaged that it doesn't have enough keratin for the henna to bind to. You might want to consider doing a keratin treatment to restore some of it and then apply henna again. It should hold better and give you more permanent results.

You can apply to your length without touching your roots, but you will have to section your hair and paint the henna on heavily with a tinting brush near your roots, then mush it onto the rest of your length. You can then kinda roll it up, pin it, put a plastic bag over it, then something to keep it warm. You can also sit under a dryer if you have one.

cecillem
Re: Dark roots?
I'll try the doing a keratin treatment, and see if that does the trick! Oddly enough, my length doesn't look or feel very damaged. Hm, thats interesting. Either way, Thank you so much. :)