Saturation point vs Meh...?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
glow worm
Saturation point vs Meh...?
Hi, have a question pertaining to what I've read re: "saturation point" in henna coloring of hair.... So, if one were to use a low percentage lawsone henna, say: Rajasthani Jasmine w/0.9% lawsone, would there be a saturation point reached with that which would be of a different hue than that reached with a higher percentage lawsone henna, for ex. Rajasthani Twighligt @ 2.4%? Or, would both, being lawsone, eventually reach the same saturation color, differing only in the amount of time taken and applications done? Also, w/Rajasthani Jasmine @ 0.9%, does anyone have experience w/using ? Would you call it a weak (meh) stain, or a lovely color, still? I see that such a question might be difficult to answer clearly, as it may invoke opinion only.... Just attempting to understand hue of lower lawsone henna. Thanks!
ACWN
Re: Saturation point vs Meh...?

From what I understand, when used on the same hair in the same condition... two hennas with different dye contents will typically reach the same saturation point/color.. a weaker content will just take longer/more applications than a stronger one.

I don't have experience with Jasmine specifically, but I do use one of the past weaker dye content henna from mehandi and the stain is always very intense and impressive.

The best option for you would be to get a sample and strand test it.

CCartwrightJones
admin
Customer service tested the 0.9% Jasmine last weekend, and the results were very interesting.  They created some toffee brown, ash blonde,  strawberry blonde, light Irish Rose red.  The lower content hennas can be very versatile; varying fruit acid shows up more.  Call them and ask, they've got all the samples right in front of them!  1-855-MEHANDI.

glow worm
Yay! Reached customer service and placed order... looking forward to some beautiful jasmine, thanks!