Shattered?

1 post / 0 new
glow worm
Shattered?
Does anyone truly know if decoloring products using sulphur actually damage hair or not? I did find one thread where a product from the UK (DeColour by Scott Cornwall,) was employed with success(!) The claim here is that the color molecules are "shattered" rather than shrunken, thus eliminating the possibility that the color molecules re-expand upon oxidation. I ask this in advance, just in case henna apps result in too dark of a color, and for anyone else who may find themselves in such a situation. Oh, the box of DeColour does indicate not to use over henna, still... they mention compound henna and not BAQ. Also, i am wondering whether or not the decoloring solutions are damaging to hair regardless....if anyone knows? Here are the ingredients: Part 1 Activator: Aqua (Water), Sodium Hydroxymethane Sulfinate, Myristyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol. Part 2 Remover: Aqua (Water), Citric Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Laureth-3, Datem, Limonene, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol. Part 3 Conclude Balm: Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-8 Glyceryl Laurate, PEG-15 Cocopolyamine, Parfum (Fragrance), Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal.