white roots and hendigo

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
bonnie
white roots and hendigo
Hi,  I've been using straight henna for 3 years.  Prior to that I used chemical hair color in an auburn shade and I don't think I'll ever change from the reds but I will never go back to chemical color for health reasons.

I have 90% white hair which grows fast and I have a great routine of coloring my roots every 2 weeks.  I am thinking about a little change.  I want to try hendigo.   I don't want brown, I just want to darken the red. 

My question:  If I ever decide to go back to using henna only, what will my hair look like.   Will henna cover hendigo or will that darker hair be permanent until it is cut off?

Thank you,
Bonnie
m_moore
admin
Re: white roots and hendigo
If you want to darken the red, you could always start off with a little bit of indigo at a time.  A ratio of two parts henna to one part indigo usually gives a dark auburn color =] You can even start with less and gradually add a little more at a time until you achieve the results you love! (I would suggest strand testing to save time)

This way you not only won't go too dark too fast, BUT you can see your results before doing your roots ;)
seasiren2K13
Re: white roots and hendigo
Hello! If you use indigo in your mix, you will have to let it grow out if you decide you don't like it. You will be able to apply henna over it, but it will just give a deeper red color and still be brownish underneath. I agree with the above comment that you should do strand testing if you want to go the indigo route. I might suggest trying an indigo gloss over straight henna first to see if that gives it enough depth for you.
bonnie
Thanks for the comments

I've been very cautious and I've added a little indigo each time I cover my roots which is every other week.  I don't see a huge difference so I'll try a little more.  I will never change from the natural stains.  I have very healthiy hair and I don't understand those who say henna dries it out.

m_moore
admin
Dear Bonnie,

Dear Bonnie,

If a henna has metallic salts or other uneeded ingriedients, it can dry hair out.  Because we lab test ours, and only sell the best quality, it doesn't include the harmful, drying ingredients =]

I agree with adding a little more indigo =] It's always best to start lighter and go darker!

Have a great day!