Wondering about my roots - first time for henna

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alicel
Wondering about my roots - first time for henna

Great forum! Getting ready to use henna for the first time & would like some feedback. I have fine wavy medium brown shoulder length hair. I've been using chemical dye as the roots are maybe 50% grey. Right now the roots are about 1/2". I plan to order 200g Rajasthani Twilight Ancient Sunrise & 50g Amla. I'm open to any color of red.  My concern is that my roots will be orange. I'm thinking that eventually when grown out they will look like highlights but in the meantime it may just look like orange roots. Do you all think I need to use indigo also?

jagenlane
be careful

I also have medium fine wavy hair and dark brown, my roots are so auburn orangish red, I just posted on how can I fix it.. So dont be like me, wait till someone tells you how to have that not happen. I have tried dark brown over it and cant tone it down. :-(

Good luck!

Terrina

m_moore
admin
How are you mixing your

How are you mixing your indigo and what do you mix it with? I may be able to assist =]

m_moore
admin
I would test  a few strands

I would test  a few strands from top to bottom to see the shade you will get.  The longer you leave henna on, the deeper the stain. It can take differently from head to head, so it is hard to say it wil not be orange, since it very well may turn out that way, or it may turn more of a nice auburn shade. It depends on how your grays are grouped as well. Some grow in in clumps where as others are more strands through out.  Most people gray at the temples first, 

If it comes out too bright, try adding in a small amount of indigo into your mix.