Henna Indigo

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
grnachrs
Henna Indigo

I have been using Henna on my hair for a few years now and I still love it!  I'm considering darkening it to a dark brown but have a couple of questions before I make the transition.

1.  If I use indigo will it fade?  If so, will it go back to the red?  (thinking I might want it too at some point)

2.  Is it better to go with a gloss?

3.  Should I use Amla in the mix?  

4.  How do you prevent it from going too dark over time?  

5.  Has anyone had trouble with it creating a line in your hair over time with new growth?

antounorama
indigo fading
I'm new to the henna-indigo thing but i can tell you that yes, indigo fades while the red stays :( which sucks cause i love the color i get right after application- dark reddish brown with slightly lighter shade on my grey. I do a simple 1 step process, plain water with henna and indigo. I did try adding salt the 2nd time but didn't notice much difference. Any suggestions and recommendations on getting the indigo to "stick" better is very much welcomed! :)
m_moore
admin
Henna needs an acidic liquid

Henna needs an acidic liquid to bind to.  Water will cause both to fade out, since the indigo needs to attatch to the henna which binds to the keratin. =]

m_moore
admin
1) It can a little- coconut

1) It can a little- coconut oil and shampoos and conditioners with sulphates can take it out little by little

2) Glosses are best for temporary fixes, when you need to adjust something for 24 hours or so...

3) Amla could be helpful if you don't want red

4) You only stick to the root area- color brush helps alot, but so does a carrot bag

5) Henna is translucent so it doesn't really get a line of demarcation, although the shades may vary.