What type of henna would you suggest for my hair?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sunnylove
What type of henna would you suggest for my hair?

Hi. I'm a natural dark blonde/light brown with gold tones, getting my first grays, never dyed it before and I'd want to go henna for the very first time. Can you please tell me what type of henna I should use to get a nice, dark red/auburn, as dark as possible, and to also cover my silvers without them turning too orange? My grays are mostly underneath my first layers, so for now they are mostly hidden  (I had to look for them to find out if I had any, but, just as suspected, there they were. :P ). I really hope I can get them to blend as much as possible.

I really want to avoid getting some too coppery/orangey weird color. :/ Do you think my natural hair will go rather darker red/auburn, (even if it turns closer to brown with red auburn tones), than light red/ginger? I have a very light complexion and I'm afraid ginger will not contrast well with my skin.

My natural hair color looks very much like this, if not identical - darker in the shade and lighter, with gold reflexes, in the light (and some say even a slight reddish hue) - pic no 1  (not me in the pic :P) 

and I would want it to look kind of like this, to seem more natural - pic no 2.

Do you think I can obtain it? I would not want to use a mix of indigo just yet, only if  absolutely necessary. How will a simple high-lawsone henna look on my natural hair color? 

Thanks a lot! :)

m_moore
admin
I would try straight henna

I would try straight henna first- Twilight- to be exact.  You can always test it before doing your whole head =] It gives a nice auburn shade.

Sunnylove
Thank you. 

Thank you. 
I have changed my mind, since I first posted the question, though, because I researched more and found out it could clash with my skin tone, which is most probably cool (still have to research to be sure).Posted new thread about this.

A word of advice:  please check to make sure your skin tone before you try dyeing yourhair red, it can clash pretty badly and make you look washed out, from what I've seen. Good I haven't take the dive yet!