HELP! Allergic reaction henna on my skin BAQ

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
12sam3
Hi, I am so so sad... For quite a while I am in love with henna, the most on skin, it's so inspiring and so much more. I ordered henna powder for the 2nd time from a reliable henna supplier recommended by a famous henna artist. I ordered for the 2nd time because I was soo satisfied the 1st time. The outcome of it, it always gave a beautiful very dark stain. So happy again I had a lovely henna pattern on the upper side of my hand and arm ;-). But suddenly I my skin starts to itch and I noticed that welts came on some spots where the henna stain was. Not everywhere but on some spots. And because they were itchy so I got acne. I knew this was an allergic reaction so I started to switch and left out brands and ingredients out of my henna paste. I use henna powder lemon juice eo and sugar. I ended with only tap water and henna powder and still got the allergic reaction/acne so I immediately knew it was the henna powder because tap water I use daily and I never got an allergic reaction from it. But how could this be? The henna powder says it's 100% organic chemical free biologic. But maybe there is an ingrediënt in it that I am allergic to it which the seller doesn't know of it? Maybe the ingrediënt is natural.. There are people who are allergic to strawberries. But why didn't I got that the 1st time? Or can it be that I have developed an allergic a long the wat? In the meantime ofcourse I have tried more different brands also highly recommended by famous henna artists like sojat henna rajasthani henna and yes I still got the same allergic reaction. It can not be PPD or metallic salts isn't it? Because each henna powder says 100% fresh organic natural chemical free biologic. At this moment I have another henna powder waiting to experiment with. Again a henna powder wel knowned. I want to wait using it until my acne is a bit gone because it's horrible every time I have put henna paste on. Please please is there someone who can help me? I am so so desperate.. Maybe there is someone who had experienced the same and has found a solution. The thought that I never can do henna on my skin "kills" me.. Henna is my passion. I have searched so so long for something that makes my heart and soul smile and now I have found it and to know that I have to give it up it breaks my heart ;-(. PLEASE HELP?!
mehnditree
i had an issue once where i

i had an issue once where i was allergic to certain laundry soaps and scents. this came out of the blue in a time where my immune system was down and i was in a lot of stress in my life. after getting more healthy and working through my issues, my sensitivities went away. maybe its something time will fix, and you gotta get your body strong. wait it out a bit.

e_rowley
admin

Unless the powder you used was laboratory tested to be 100% pure lawsonia inermis and you have the lab results to prove it, there is no way to know what may have truly been in your henna mix.

In order to fully dye-release, henna MUST be mixed with an acidic liquid, like lemon juice. The fact that you were mixing your henna powder with just tap water is a red flag.

Allergies often form over extended use of a product, as exposure increases. Sometimes allergies can take years to develop.

It's quite rare to have an allergy to henna, but here's some more info about it:  http://www.hennapage.com/henna/encyclopedia/medical/g6pd.html

I recommend trying our henna, which has been lab tested for any traces of chemicals and other additives. We have the results to prove its purity. Here's a link for samples ($1.50 each with free shipping): http://www.mehandi.com/shop/bodysamples/

Additionally, amla powder may be able to help cure some of your acne.

CCartwrightJones
admin
Marketing claims are not always true.

It is not impossible to be allergic to henna, but it is extremely unusual.  The allergy symptoms are wheezing, tightness in chest, and intense itching.  There is also a mild reaction in people who have seasonal allergies, such as hay fever.  When you apply henna, do the blisters come up soon, or several days afterwards?  "... each henna powder says 100% fresh organic natural chemical free biologic " may be a marketing claim and may not actually be true.