Hair is clean but looks greasy

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Solshine
Hair is clean but looks greasy

I wanted to go poo free like I've read others doing but the second day my hair still feels clean and silky smooth but looks greasy and gets stringy looking on the ends.  Does anyone else have this problem or have any recommendations? 

I've just been washing it every day with Suave Every Day Clarifying Shampoo but I'd rather not. 

Solshine
Hello? Bueller? Bueller?

Hello? Bueller? Bueller?

Am I the only one with this problem. :-(

AnnieG
I've been using Shikakai

I've been using Shikakai (indian herb, google it) and I really like it. I use shikakai and soap nuts and they're really great because they clean your hair without stripping it. Shikakai is conditioning (if you find that it's not conditioning enough then try adding amla) so most people won't need to use another conditioner. I find that now,  after 6 months off commercial shampoo and conditioner, I can go much longer between washes as my hair is more balanced and no longer used to being stripped every day. My origional goal was to stop using anything and only use water but the shikakai and soapnuts can be so gentle that I don't see the point anymore! they're closer to hair's nateral pH than the water where I live.

Solshine
Thanks so much!  I'm googling

Thanks so much!  I'm googling now!

I would really like to get away from shampoo at all or just once a week or so but it's not looking like that's possible. Pity because my hair is so smooth, soft and healthy since switching to henna.  I dont' even need conditioner anymore eiter. Yay!

AnnieG
hope you like it! Your hair

hope you like it! Your hair will take a while to get used to it so make sure you try it for at least a few weeks without using other products. if you've got lots of build up from other products on your hair then it might feel yucky at first but after you've used it for a few weeks it should be really nice. there are other similar options too. I've only tried soapnuts and shikakai but Mehandi sells Zizyphus Spina Christi (http://www.mehandi.com/shop/zizyphus/) which I think does a similar thing and there are also clays that work similarly.