Compound henna removal process

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
meowww
Compound henna removal process

Hey. First post here hoping to get some help about my hair. 

So I decided to dye my hair with black Henna, not knowing the difference between compound henna / natural henna and being ignorant to the fact that I should've researched before dyeing. 

So I dyed my hair with a black compound henna only to realize that I made a huge mistake. So I want to go back to a brownish color, but I researched enough now to know that I simply cannot dye over compound henna. I read that I can use mineral oil and rubbing alcohol to strip the henna and then use colorfix. I have also read to soak the hair with olive oil / coconut oil. 

So far I've soaked my hair with both olive and coconut oil, and the water was turning a greyish color from all the henna being stripped out. I bought the mineral oil and colorfix today and was just wondering what to expect and how my hairs going to react to this. Is my hair going to go back to black after using colorfix? can I dye my hair after using colorfix? Thankful to anyone who will help me. 

meowww
So if anyone is interested,

So if anyone is interested, this is what I've done and what has happened so far:

I did a strand test using rubbing alochol (left it on for 10 minutes) then I applied baby oil and left it on for 30. I then rinsed it out (took about three washes) with clarifying shampoo and a little bit of laundry detergent. I then blow dryed it and applied color fix to it and left it on for 20 minutes. I washed it out with clarifying shampoo and blow dryed it to see the color. It was a really dark brown. So then I decided to repeat everything I did to my whole head. Only this time when I applied the mineral oil, I took a blow dryer (with a shower cap on) and blow dryed my whole head for 30 minutes. I also applied color fix twice. My hair is drying at the moment, and I don't want to apply more heat on my hair so I'm just going to let it towel and air dry. Tomorrow I will see the color, and then I'm going to proceed to go and buy a semi / demi permanent hair dye. I will strand test first of course.

I also read that I will be needing to use a few shades lighter of hair dye considering my hair will probably start oxidizing and turning darker. 

I'll post an update tomorrow, and will post some pictures as well. 

meowww
*SORRY* Not laundry detergent

*SORRY* Not laundry detergent, but DISH soap. 

auntieh07
Do a strand test with white

Do a strand test with white distilled vinegar, soak it with vinegar and leave out in the sun for an hour. Then rinse with water and vinegar and dry. Vinegar natuarlly lightens your hair, I have used this to lighten mine but I used applie cider vinegar because I wanted reddish lightning. 

If that does not work try crushing two vitamin C pills and mixing with shampoo and leaving on an hour and see if that removes any of it, a lot of people remove Indigo this way. 

leighoc
Interested!

I hope you have some pictures to post. I'm really interested to see what happened.