Cassia = gold on gray???

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
tiagreene
Cassia = gold on gray???

Hi there - I'm an older gal with dingy ash brown hair and a lot of gray coming in!  I've got two fairly pronounced stripes that frame my face, and then a generous sprinkling of silver gray strands that stand out from the brown all over my head.  Together with the ash tones of my natural color, and the straw-like texture of aging hair, I look like a big fuzzy cobweb.  It adds at least a hundred years to my look, and I want to fix that!!  I don't want any orange in my hair though, as it doesn't work very well with my skin tone, which is on the cool blueish side.  So I was thinking if I used just cassia, would the grays go gold?  Do I mix it with indigo to get a cooler color?  Do I need to put a little henna in there just for magic?  I really don't know where to start.  Can someone give me a base formula to begin with?  I have a lot of hair saved up to experiment on.  What I'd like as an end result is a slightly warmer brown than the ashy look I have now, but with ligher higlights of gold and no orange.  If this is not possible, what can I achieve with henna?  I won't use commercial chemical coloring.  Been there, done that long ago and it ruined my hair for a couple of years!  It's all natural for me now.  Thanks for any advice anyone can give!  Teresa

mbyrne
admin
Hello there!

Hello there!

Using cassia on its own can give a golden tone to your greys, but it doesn't always give full grey coverage. For more coverage, you may want to try cassia with just a bit of both indigo and henna mixed in. A ratio of 80% cassia, 10% henna and 10% indigo often works well. Hopefully this helps!

tiagreene
Thank you I'll start there

Thank you I'll start there and work up with the color if I need to!