guilding question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
wadawas
guilding question

Why can't mica powder be mixed with pros-aide before coning? 

rchou
admin
Mica

Well, in fact, the Becoming Moonlight Gilding paste is just that, a careful blend of pros-aide and mica, to create more of an opaque result as it dries, as opposed to clear. But because the mica is incorporated into the adhesive, it does nothing to stop the design from being tacky once it dries. You still need to dust the surface with powder to seal it. Which also gives you more flexibility in blending different colors, glitters, etc.

Finally, mixing prosaide with mica can be really finicky. If you don't mix it the right way with the right proportions and conditions, you'll end up with lumpy, goopy, un-useable stuff, and inconsistent results. Which is why we hired a chemist to do it for us.

wadawas
ah.. gotcha. Thanks!  

ah.. gotcha.
Thanks!

Jeannehenna
Henna in my house

Hello everyone,

QUestion about my home... my kids overtrhowed henna on my floor and I really don't know what to do... Any ideas how to remove that? Thanks a lot!

rchou
admin
henna stain

Hello,

If you got henna paste on hard floor, a cleaner with bleach should get it out. Carpet might be a bit harder, but start with a regular carpet stain remover to see how well that does. scrubbing with baking soda might help. Sadly, henna is pretty stubborn and you may not be able to fade it entirely.

anjali
Beautiful henna designs

On my sisters marriage we had called all the top henna designers to our home and drew beautiful rangoli designs in front of our home. These artists were well experienced in henna as well as rangoli designs. They are the center of attraction to our culture.