Lightening hendigo'ed/two-step Hair

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oly
Lightening hendigo'ed/two-step Hair

Hello!

I started using henna-indigo three years ago, or maybe 3 and a half years.

I would like to start a process of ligthening my hair from black to dark brown. I have approximately 50 to 60% gray, which I can consistently stain in the color range I now desire, BUT my situation is how do I fade the many layers of hendigo/indigo in my length? That is, currently I would be dealing with the very short new growth (as I cover my gray every 3 to 4 weeks) while the rest of my mid-shoulder length hair is black. 

So, I was wondering if doing a weekly Vitamin C powder/shampoo treatment only in the length would start to slowly remove some layers of indigo. 

At the same time, I am thinking of helping the lightening effect by doing a monthly all-over just plain henna treatment to give more red glow to the length as I remove some of the indigo. 

The end result I am looking for is dark chocolate brown with warm red glow. 

Will this plan with the weekly Vitamin C powder along with the monthly henna-only all over treatment work? Will the Vitamin C powder treatment also remove the red glow I am trying to increase with the monthly henna only treatment? 

My current hendigo routine is:

Henna 30%, Indigo 70%. I mix henna and amla and let to dye release. I mix indigo just prior to application and add table salt. I only do roots to avoid layering more indigo in the length. 

Thanks! :)

Oly 

rchou
admin
Henna

Your plan is definitely on the right track. The Vitamin C scrub will brighten up the tone, and the henna will redden it. The scrub will not remove the red glow, and in fact that will keep it bright, as repeated henna treatments can darken the color over time. Let us know how it works out for you!

Oly
Thank you!

Thank you!

I will try it and let you know how it worked out. :)