I had a black henna tattoo. What should i do now?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Valk
I had a black henna tattoo. What should i do now?

Hello everyone.

I'm new here, and it's nice to meet yo. I was wondering if you could please, give me some advice about this issue that i have, because i am very worried to say the least, and the more i read, the more scared i get.

I am from Mexico, and i went to the beach for the past weekend. There was some little store that said "Henna tattoos", and my friends and I thought that it was something that we had to try. I had seen other stores like that in my city, but i didn't know anything about 'henna' and what did it mean, nor did i know anything about tattoos and such. I thought it was only ink or something inoffensive like that. I got a little 'M'  in my shoulder, it was brownish black. When the guy that made the tattoos ended, he told us that we should wait something like 40 minutes in order for it to dry. I was pretty happy with that, i always wanted to have a tattoo but nothing permanent, and something that lasted 10-15 days seemed very nice.

When i got back home, i was surfing and got curious about this 'henna' product, so i searched for it. And when i read about the harms about the 'black henna' tattoos and its characteristics, i got really concerned about me and my friends, because it seems that that was exactly what he had. More than 24 hours have passed since i got the tattoo, and i feel nothing weird and my skin seems just fine, but as i understand it may take days for the problems to appear.

So i ask you guys if you could guide me about what to do now please. Should i wash it with something special or take special cares? Should i go to a dermathologist or a regular doctor ASAP? Should i worry that much? Is it possible that we don't get any problems, and what are the possibilities for having them?

I appreaciate very much any response. I will do as you advice, as you seem to know about this stuff.

Thank you.

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)
Re: I had a black henna tattoo. What should i do now?

perhaps you will not suffer any problems with this and be lucky.

Wash it well,  and if you get any redness or rash go see and Dr. and take a printout of what it is and get proper treatment.

good luck 

Flavia

Carrie

You may or may not have a reaction. Here is some more information about the kind of reactions that are possible with PPD:

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/ppd/gotodoctor.html

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/ppd/ppdintro.html

Valk

I appreaciate it Flavia, your post is a relief to me as i may be one of the lucky ones. But i'll still wait, how many days you think there will be until the danger is gone?

I'll tell my friends to do as you say, and at the first symptom, i'll print the info that is on the main website.

Carrie, i've read like 10 times those articles even before posting, but as you may know, nothing is more clear and better than a direct answer. And I assure you, these articles made realize that things like this won't happen again.

Any extra info is welcome.

Thank you for your time, very much!

Flavia@hennacaravan (not verified)

I have heard that reaction can take as long as 2 weeks so just wait and see .....

bethlock

Hi there!  I just wanted to clarify- you mentioned that it was "brownish-black"?  Are you talking about the paste or the stain left on the skin?  Natural henna paste can sometimes look brownish black when it is dry, but always leave a reddish brown/mahogany stain underneath.  Typically, "black henna" is pitch black, both the paste and the stain.  What color is the stain- brown or black?  Also, how long did they tell you to leave the paste on?