Indgio/Henna mix HELP!!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
MariahCM
Indgio/Henna mix HELP!!

I just made this account and I know there are some postings about lighting indigio but  rather be safe than sorry for my particular situation. So I order LUSH Caca Nior, not knowing much about henna or indigio. So I followed the directions LUSH gave me and ended up with green tipped ends. This is due that my Mid-hair and ends had been chemically bleached 6months prior. I later found out chemicals cannt be placed onto of the hair after hennaed. So I did it again (LUSH Caca Nior), actually I did it four times Twice in one week, Twice in the following week (which was last week). So with thses applications I got the green to turn BLACK like PITCH BLACK (if some green still remains it's very slight if any). But I have snow white very fair pigmented skin, and it looks like I'm going through a "emo phase" this hair color does not match my skin tone at all!!! I'm aiming for a chocolate brown hair, I know you can use Vit C+ shampoo to lighten and John Frida Go Blonde. However, will this bring back the green!!! Or will will it just faded my hair to a dark brown? I do have natrually dry curly hair, and don't want to damage it too much, but beggers can't be chooosers I guess. hair Also since it's summer, I will be swimming and going to waterparks(that have chlorine) in the next week? Will this help aid in fading or making it go back green? P.S I'm going to be a Senior this coming August and I have to take Senior Pics (hopefully without Pitch Black Hair or Green).  Any Knowlegeable advice is GREATLLY apperciated!!!

rchou
admin
Lightening

Hello,

Because we do not sell LUSH products, I cannot give any advice with 100% confidence, but generally speaking, these kinds of lightening treatments help loosen the indigo bond. Indigo is what makes the hair color darker, and is also green in nature, so removing it should get you to more of a dark brown. But again, I'm not entirely sure how LUSH formulates their products, so I can't guarantee anything. Definitely look into Ancient Sunrise in the future. Our products will definitely not result in green hair. :)

MariahCM
My LUSH MISTAKE

Thank you for replying!! Here's a list of the ingredients for the LUSH CACA NOIR in order if this helpes: Indigo HerbFair Trade Organic Cocoa ButterRed HennaIrish Moss PowderClove Bud Oil*Citral*Eugenol*Geraniol*Citronellol*Limonene*LinaloolPerfume

So the lighting treats won't turn my hair green right?

rchou
admin
LUSH

Sadly, it's more than just knowing the list of ingredients. Henna in itself has different levels of purity and quality, and the process of mixing and dyeing with henna involves certain chemical reactions.  Additionally, companies don't always report the full list of ingredients. The way LUSH products work is very different from using pure henna, and because it is not our brand, I cannot give any truly accurate information on how to work with it.

MariahCM
Try to lighten

Well I'll to some strand testing and see how it goes! And next time I'll will try your brand. Thanks for the help.