Impatient?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
RondaCondie
Impatient?

I am on day 4 after my first henna with the AS kit for gray hair to auburn, using MK for acid, as included in the kit.  Day 1 included quite the Orange Panic!  Day 2 a very little softening of the brassy orange and almost imagined some darkening.  Day 3 shampoo and blow drying brought out more darkening, but still so much orangey this morning on Day 4 that I don't want to go out in public yet.  I'm thawing out my henna leftovers and wanting to reapply today to speed up the darkening process.  I was used to traditionally died medium-brown-mixed-with-red roots and bleached tips that turned coppery.  So this light orange with just a wee bit of browning looks pretty awful still and so brassy on me.  Will this one and first application really turn auburn by two weeks out?  Am I being too impatient to want to do a 2nd application today?  Thank you in advance for advice and opinion.

m_moore
admin
Generally about a week shoud

Generally about a week shoud show the true color. Heat will help the oxidation process speed up. Clarifying the hair (if you didn't before this mix) and leaving the mix on as long as possible can help deepen the color as well. You can definitely do a second application if you feel it's not deep enough. Sleeping in it will help!

RondaCondie
Thank you kindly

I sure appreciate your reply.  Yes, I did do the Rainwash for 40 minutes before my first henna.  Interestingly, it stripped most of the traditional die from most of my hair.  I didn't expect that!  I went ahead and did the 2nd application of henna and it really helped to redden the color away from orange.  The color quality has also moved away from brassy and more toward brilliance, which is a very good thing!  Now, for a while, I'm committed to washing and blow drying my short hair every day for a while to speed up the darkening toward auburn.  Thank you so very much for your help.

m_moore
admin
You are welcome!  Sometimes

You are welcome!  Sometimes chemically treated hair can get a poor binding the first time around (because of weakened proteins). This can cause it to be kind of brassy. I'm glad the second application is better!! Blow drying will definitely help deepen it =]  Hooray for awesome hair!

RondaCondie
Many thanks!

Yes, indeed.  Women and their hair!!!!  Awesome hair is just a must!!!

Happy Holidays!

m_moore
admin
=] It is! =]

=] It is! =]

Thank you! Happy Holidays to you, too!