Bleaching hendigo; covering the green...

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DeborahLayne
Bleaching hendigo; covering the green...

What an awesome forum! Thank you for it!

I rue the day I discovered hendigo! My hair looks like a weave made with calico cat. I am HOPING to eventually just use cassia, to tint my greys. But I may be dead by then! 

In the meantime I'm trying to seguey from this dark brown/light red/weird roots hodgepodge to a LIGHT-MEDIUM BROWN. Which is my my natural color minus the gray. 

Q1: I'm giving serious thought to bleaching it.  But how? A developer? Hydrogen peroxide? I'm a bleaching virgin but have done ColorFix before (I've read enough here to know it's not a solution now.) 

Okay, so then it will be green. 

Q2: What would cassia do to green hair- anything? I'm prepared to start from green hair point zero, and cover it with a chai/medium brown - whatever will fix the green without going all red or auburn or dark brown again.

This is a great forum. Thank you so much for your advice!

Deb

m_moore
admin
I would test a small section

I would test a small section first- if you do it yourself, get a bleach kit and read all directions thoroughly.  

Green can be toned by reds. You will need to test this, to make sure it's not going to be too red or still have a green tint later.

Sometimes when bleached, it won't even be green, but blue.

Cassia will not do anything for blue or green hair.

DeborahLayne
Thank you! It scares me, but

Thank you! It scares me, but I'm thinking of it. So if I do the test strip and then do my whole head- how would I feasibly achieve a light brown? I didn't think about having to balance out the green or blue... :-/

m_moore
admin
I would do the test strip and

I would do the test strip and test it with a toner as well. Red cancels out green, yellow cancels out blue.   The toner has to be as dark as the lightened section to be effective.  I'd recommend doing some research on toners and checking out your local beauty supply if you are doing it yourself.