Orange roots help please!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
AshbyH
Orange roots help please!

I normally use 50/50 twilight and indigo one step process. The indigo fades so quickly on my grey roots so I did an experiment to see how my hair would look without indigo and used twilight and amla on my roots. It is way too orange so I need to go over again with henna and indigo. My question is how long should I leave it on for?  I don't want to go black. I was thinking an hour? Normally I leave on for 4 hrs but that is on grey, now it's orange I'm not sure. Thank you!!

rchou
admin
Roots

Hello, I would recommend mixing 2 tsp indigo with water into a little paste, mixing that with 1/4 cup regular conditioner, and leaving it on your hair for 15-20 minutes. If it still isn't dark enough after rinsing, you can repeat that process as many times as needed, and increasing indigo concentration and time as needed.

desertcrafty
Red roots

Hi, my roots always turn red after about a week.  But I really only need to do my roots every 3 weeks to cover the gray.  Could I do what you suggest here to darken the red roots? My hair ends up being three different colors for a couple weeks ! (brown length,  red roots, gray roots) and I can't stand how it looks.

enissel
admin
Red Roots

Hello,

Yes you can use the suggested mix of 2 tsp of indigo powder, mixed with distilled water into a paste, then added to a 1/4 cup of conditioner. If your indigo seems to be fading out that quickly, you can also try a clarifying shampoo or rainwash before applying your henna/indigo mix.