Straighter, Oily Hair

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
nancy325
Straighter, Oily Hair

Hi Everyone,

Two things:

First, I'm wondering if anyone else has had henna turn their hair greasy? It's always been that way, and when I've gone back to my natural colors, or in the few horrid times I went back to artificial hair colors so I'm certain it is from the henna. I normally mix with water and just a  couple of teaspoons of vinegar, or a splash of lemon.  I'm curious about why this happens and if something can be changed.

Secondly, Also when I've used henna, I've gone from an unruly head of frizzy/wavy hair to an almost completely straight hair. I love it because it looks so much better. I'm wondering if there is a way to make this happen just a little less?

Thanks!

enissel
admin
Oily hair

Hello, I have not heard of anyone having oily hair after henna. Are you using Ancient Sunrise products? A clarifying shampoo before applying the henna can help. To help retain your curls you would want to use amla powder as your fruit acid. You will need 25g of amla powder for every 100g of henna you are using.

nancy325
I'll try the amla, thanks!

I'll try the amla, thanks! The oiliness is not right after I henna, it's actually the permanent state until I stop using henna for about 4 months or so. Basically, it turns it permanently oily and I didn't even have oily hair when I was a teenager. 

rchou
admin
Oiliness

Hello,

It may also be the opposite, that the chemical dyes are drying your hair out more, and that henna made your hair smoother and less porous. Oily hair can come from chemical changes in the body, or even the type of shampoo you use. We do have a shampoo bar that is pretty great for balancing oily scalps. I have generally oily hair and it does a great job of balancing it. It is the Zizyphus and Juniper bar here: http://www.mehandi.com/product-p/sham-bar_01.htm