confused about fruit acids

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Melusine
confused about fruit acids

Hello, I´ve been using cassia with just a scoop of twilight henna for some years now to cover up my grays. I always use lemon or orange juice for dye release. This mix has worked well for me and it gives my light/medium brown hair a golden, coppery glow and makes the grays look like highlights.

However I´m interested in trying out something more bold now, I was thinking about 50% henna + 50% cassia but am unsure about which fruit acid to add? I´ve never tried powdered fruit acids and was wondering if they could help to avoid the darkening of the color. I´m aiming for something like Marcia Cross´s red in DHousewives, or perhaps Merida as my hair is naturally curly.

When I was a teenager I tried henna on its own once (activated by boiling water but left in for 12 hours orso) and it turned out really red (copper in the sunlight) over my hair color but then darkened over time, I´d like to avoid that.

Thanks for any advice, I will be strand testing but was wondering if I should also order fruit acids and which one.

enissel
admin
Darkening color

Hello,

Mixing 50% henna and 50% cassia comes out like our Ancient Sunrise Fire kit. It is a red orange color on light hair and would add highlights to your grays. I would use copperberry fruit acid. You will need 25g of copperberry for every 100g of henna/cassia you are using. The copperberry fruit acid adds antioxidants to help deter darkening over time.

Melusine
Thanks for the reply! I´ve

Thanks for the reply! I´ve ordered the Fire kit, will let you know how it turns out!