ratio of Malluma Kristalovino to Jasmine henna

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
MayaN
ratio of Malluma Kristalovino to Jasmine henna

Hi. My gray roots started getting better coverage soon as I switched from a Henna/Cassia mix to using just the Jasmine Henna alone.   But, my roots were still coming up too light and bright, compared to the rest of my hair, even WITH using Amla as the fruit acid for the roots.  So I tried applying an additional two layers of henna at the root, but that only helped a wee bit.  

I don't want to resort to a henndigo mix for the root area, since I've cautiously experimented quite a bit with using indigo in the recommended ways, and long story short, indigo and my hair just do not play nicely together.  The results were very splotchy and It took me many weeks of natural lighting methods to get the indigo out of my hair.  And I hesitate to switch to Twilight henna because I'm afraid it'll produce a dark or cool-toned red that won't match the very natural looking warm-toned (copper) red that I've achieved on the rest of my hair.  So I decided to try using Malluma Kristolovino as my fruit acid for the roots, hoping it'd help the henna go a bit deeper than the results I've been getting with Amla.  

Tried it tonight.  I just assumed that Malluma K would be added at the same ratio as Amla, 20-25g per 100g Henna.  So that's how much I added.  As it was sitting on my hair and I was putting away my supplies, I noticed that the directions on the Malluma K said to add only 5g per 100 of Henna.  Woops.  So I was worried my roots would come up TOO dark, but nope... left it on for 5.5 hours after good dye release, , and they still look lighter/brighter than the rest of my hair.  However, I just rinsed the Henna out an hour ago!... so I'm hoping that when it oxidizes it'll deepen up enough.  

I'm wondering why it's recommended to add only 5g of Malluma K.  Will adding more than that (like the 20g I used accidentally) help the henna go deeper than 5g would, or would that just be a waste of the fruit acid?    

Thank you!! 

enissel
admin
MK ratio

Hello, Only 6g or 1 tsp of Malluma Kristalovino is needed for 100g of henna to make an acidic paste. Malluma Kristalovino has a higher ph than , amla so less is needed to make a good paste. Adding more MK will not make the henna stain any darker.

MayaN
thanks!! 

thanks!!