Two Step Hendigo - Indigo Dye Transfer

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
bluebey
Two Step Hendigo - Indigo Dye Transfer

Hello

I have successfully been using a two step Hendigo process to colour my greying hair a deep dark brown for a couple of years.

For the second step I am using 70-80% indigo mixed with Henna, having already done the first step using Henna and alma powder.

The colour is great, however I am suffering with dye transfer from the indigo which is getting onto everything from the bedclothes, to the top area of any light clothes I wear, to my hands when I my scratch my head or comb my hair.  My hair is shoulder length and it is even staining around my neck and collar bone.

My boyfriend ends up with blue hands if he strokes or ruffles my hair and any white shirts are completely stained blue around the neckline by the end of the day. 

Is there anything I can use that will reduce the transfer of dye from the indigo I am using?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

enissel
admin
Indigo dye transfer

Hello,

Are you shampooing your hair between the Henna and the Indigo ? Do you use a clarifying shampoo before applying the Henna to your hair? Applying coconut oil to the hair can also pull out the Indigo.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.