Flowering henna plant? In Ohio??

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
ex_machina
admin
Flowering henna plant? In Ohio??

One of Catherine's two new henna plants could be trying to produce flowers. We'll keep an eye on it and post new pictures if anything develops.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hennapage/4871720758/

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Flowering henna plant? In Ohio??

Now that I can see it better by virtue of Roy's camera (they're hard to see with my lousy eyes)... yes those are henna flowers.  Teeny tiny little dark red ones ...

Henna flowers come in white, black, pink and red.  In 10 years of tending henna plants, this is the first time I've seen flowers ... thank you global warming!

Plants farther south, where they can grow without pots and lay down a good root system, bloom better, but I'm thrilled to see even these itty bittie henna flowers!

Jen

That's so cool! I wonder if its has to do with the ridiculous heat this year. I can't wait to see more pictures.

pinksiva

Hi,

What a beautiful plant...I never even thought about growing your own Henna plant! What a wonderful idea....When I move to hotter area, I will definitely keep that idea in mind...

Thank you for sharing...

~ in love and in light ~
pinksiva

ex_machina
admin

Another branch on the same plant produced another bunch of tiny red flowers. It was a little breezy this morning, so it was difficult to get a clean shot, but I did manage to get one that clearly shows these are henna flowers blooming in Ohio.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hennapage/4890791620/