help! Let henna stay out 24hrs!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
chrissy
help! Let henna stay out 24hrs!

Hi all - So yesterday morning, at 11:30am I mixed up a batch of celebration henna with water and lemon juice ( I used juice from 11/2 lemons).  I meant to freeze it at 11:30pm, but forgot about it! (I was having too good of a time partying, I guess!).  I woke up this morning at 10:00am and found the henna sitting on my countertop with definite dye release.  I just threw it in the freezer at 10:30am, so it's been sitting out for about 23 hours.  I hate to have wasted my money, and am wondering if anyone can tell me if I can still use it effectively.  I have stubborn grey, that the celebration usually covers very nicely after a 4 hour application. 

Should I go ahead and use it?  I don't have time to buy another batch before I go on my 2 week vacation in 3 days.  Am I going to get a weak dye?  Like bright orange on my grey roots?  (I usually get an auburn color).  Is it going to change the overall look that I have now, which is dark brown hair with red highlights? 

Please help!

Jen
Re: help! Let henna stay out 24hrs!

Use it! Its fine! As long as it didn't get too warm anyway. Most hennas can stand to sit out a day or more as long as they aren't warmer than 75 degrees or so.

chrissy

Oh, great!  Thank you so much for your quick reply! 

Carrie

Yep- the fact that you used a liquid as acidic as lemon juice means it releases dye slowly and demises slowly so you should be just fine!