Washing

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Natashalulu
Washing

Hello, 

My hair is naturally very culy and coiled and I usually wash with Blended Beauty's Shampoo. However, I know that I have to have my hair really clean for henna to attach to my hair. I know that washing with my normal shampoo probably won't get my hair clean enough. I was thinking about using the Organix Coconut milk shampoo. It has disodium laureth sulfosuccinate in it but I don't know if that shampoo cleans well enough for Henna. SHould I just use over the counter Herbal Essences? Can someone reccomend a shampoo that will get my hair really clean before Henna without feeling so striped? Is this possible? Should I use a clarifying shampoo?

Natasha

Carrie
Re: Washing

Some people henna on unwashed hair, if they don't usually use silicone products or a lot of oil on their hair and aren't using indigo or covering gray.

Reasons to do a clarifying shampoo prior to plant dyes would include:

- your mix includes indigo or buxus

- you know your hair is dye-resistant

- you use silicone conditioners or styling products on your hair

- you need to cover gray

Any shampoo containing sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate and NOT containing silicones will do, for this purpose.  The one you mention is probably fine as well.

Jen

Or... for those who can't use, or want to avoid sodium laureth sulphate... Dilute Dr. Bronner's is good too.

Natashalulu

Thanks. I will wash my hair with regular shampoo and not the Blended Beauty Shampoo.